CWOP to APRSWX

  • WXMANFLA
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 14 4:18 PM
      I use WUHU for my weather station and have a CWOP account. How can I add an APRSWX account? Thanks, Rich
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 15 12:30 PM
        Do you have a ham radio connected to your PC? There is an option to generate a wxnow.txt file that can be monitored by some of the ham software packages out there.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "WXMANFLA" <WXMANFLA@...> wrote:

        > I use WUHU for my weather station and have a CWOP account. How can I add an APRSWX account? Thanks, Rich

      • n1naz
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
          Ok can you explain how to go about configuring WUHU to do this?

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
            Ok How do you seup WUHU to to creat the wxnow.tx file

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
              Never mind found it.

              Support for UI-View32 Wx now weather report file

              Note: In order for changes to the configuration file to take effect,
              you must terminate the WUHU application then edit it's configuration
              file.

              If you would like to write a weather report file for use with UI-
              View32 you must manually edit the WUHU Configuration Data.ini file
              that is stored in the WUHU program directory (usually found in
              C:\Program Files\WUHU). You can edit this file using Windows notepad.

              Find the CWOP section defined by this line:

              [CWOP Settings]

              Add the following entry anywhere after the [CWOP Settings] line and
              before the next section in the .ini file ([?]).

              WxNowReportFile=C:\Program Files\UI-View32\Wxreportnow.txt

              In this example, the name of the file is:

              C:\Program Files\UI-View32\Wxreportnow.txt

              You may specify any file name that WUHU should write to. Just make
              sure that UI-View32 is configured to read from the same file that you
              have specified in WUHU.

              This file will be written whenever the general upload interval
              expires (default==5 mins). This is the same interval used when
              uploading to CWOP over the Internet.

              When the file is written, the contents of this file will look like:

              Dec 16 2006 12:11
              135/003g003t040r000p000P000h73b10169

              Note: The timestamp is local time not UTC.