Easyweather.dat

  • fablept
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
      Hi

      I´m trying to make WUHU read easyweather.dat file..this is the output of the easyweather.dat file that i´m using (i´m using a Arduino to send this serial messages)

      0, 0, 0, 0, 592, 0, 0, 0, 76, 12.80, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3.60, 0, 4.20, 0, 0, N, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2.00,

      592--->timer in seconds
      76---->humidity
      12.80->temperature
      3.60-->Wind Average (ms)
      4.20-->Wind Gust
      N----->Wind direction
      2.00-->Rain Total

      This weather station doesnt send Pressure data.

      But using easyweather in WUHU i have the log error of pressure being zero..so i tried to put some fix pressure values according to this protocol
      http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/weather/ew/

      But i still have the pressure error..is the WUHU reading the easyweather.dat file according to the protocol in the link above?

      What i need to change in the serial message to be compatible with WUHU?

      Regards.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
        Some sensors can be disabled but pressure and outdoor temperature required. This should be updated at some point to allow pressure to be disabled as well.

        For now, you will need to supply both the column 11 (absolute pressure) and column 12 (relative pressure) in millibars (or HPA, same thing). I believe you are supplying 0 for both in your example line.

        If you wanted to fix absolute pressure and relative pressure at 30.00 InHg, supply 1015.92 for both values.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "fablept" <fablept@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I´m trying to make WUHU read easyweather.dat file..this is the output of the easyweather.dat file that i´m using (i´m using a Arduino to send this serial messages)
        >

        > 0, 0, 0, 0, 592, 0, 0, 0, 76, 12.80, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3.60, 0, 4.20, 0, 0, N, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2.00,
        >

        > 592--->timer in seconds
        > 76---->humidity
        > 12.80->temperature
        > 3.60-->Wind Average (ms)
        > 4.20-->Wind Gust
        > N----->Wind direction
        > 2.00-->Rain Total
        >
        > This weather station doesnt send Pressure data.
        >
        > But using easyweather in WUHU i have the log error of pressure being zero..so i tried to put some fix pressure values according to this protocol
        > http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/weather/ew/
        >
        > But i still have the pressure error..is the WUHU reading the easyweather.dat file according to the protocol in the link above?
        >
        > What i need to change in the serial message to be compatible with WUHU?
        >

        > Regards.

      • fablept
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
          Thanks for replying.

          It fix the pressure log error, but know i´m having this one:

          > Easyweather CSV file read error, expected 40 fields, found 4 fields.

          Does WUHU uses all easyweather fields?

          Cant change anything below 300ms and 300ms is too long for my weather station, because it receives from two different modules, one sends every 31s the other 37s.
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2011
            The following columns of data in the file are used:

            3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,17,20,22,23

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 9, 2011
              I´m having difficulty understanding the meaning of the log message:

              Easyweather CSV file read error, expected 40 fields, found 4 fields.

              For WUHU what is "fields"?
              Does WUHU need the reading date like this: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss?

              Thanks
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9, 2011
                This is the format of the data:

                http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/weather/ew/

                The following columns of data in the file are used by WUHU:

                3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,17,20,22,23

                The values are in Comma Separated Values (CSV) format.

                Each "column" of data is separated by a comma.

                Columns are formed when there are rows of data in the file.