Re: Lacross WS 2317

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011

      I would go with an Acer Netbook  with XP or Windows 7 installed. Also get a IOGear USB to serial adapter and you should be good to go.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Doug Leppard <Doug.Leppard@...> wrote:

      > I used to be active with weather but travels and life I had to stop.
      >
      > My Lacross WS 2317 is still up and I want to get it going again.
      >
      > I want to get an in-expensive netbook or something to be hooked up to the unit and possibly do other things. I want this computer on all the time and cheap to buy and cheap on power.
      >
      > Questions:
      >

      > 1. What computer would you suggest to buy to work with the WS 2317?
      >
      > 2. What do I need to do to get the ws 2317 working again?
      >

      > Doug Leppard
      > I-TEC

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011
        I'm using a ASUS netbook with Windows 7 basic installed connected to a WS-2316 via a
        Serial to USB converter supplied by LaCrosse.

        I too moved to light-weight netbook to keep my WS-2316 and WUHU/WU up and
        running all the time, rather than a large power hungry desktop.

        I have not had a problem using the LaCrosse USB converter on Windows 7 locking up -
        maybe Microsoft now has a good driver for these inexpensive serial to USB converters.

        -Mike