Re: comport config.

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011
      You can change the port used by the USB to serial adapter so that it is in the COM1 through COM4 range. I would recommend the IOGear USB to serial adapter for about $29 at Newegg and Amazon.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Kareh <josephkareh@...> wrote:

      > dear all
      >
      > the heavy weather configuration have 4 com port 1,2,3,4
      > i cannot configure my ws2300 to my laptop (not a desktop) since i am using a
      > serial to usb converter adaptor & my new laptop do not inclued a serial
      > port, any siggestion ??
      >  Joseph A. Kareh
      > josephkareh@...
      > www.jkajaltoun.localweatherview.net

    • Joseph Kareh
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011
        hi

        i am using now serial to usb converter and its seems its not compatible with heavy weather
        in case i am using a laptop is there any way to let my laptop accet this kind of converter?

        regards,

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011

          hi

          i am using now serial to usb converter and its seems its not compatible with heavy weather
          is there any way to let my HW accept this kind of converter on a laptop?

          regards,

          Joseph A. Kareh
          josephkareh@...
          www.jkajaltoun.localweatherview.net

          You can change the port used by the USB to serial adapter so that it is in the COM1 through COM4 range. I would recommend the IOGear USB to serial adapter for about $29 at Newegg and Amazon.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Kareh <josephkareh@...> wrote:

          > dear all
          >
          > the heavy weather configuration have 4 com port 1,2,3,4
          > i cannot configure my ws2300 to my laptop (not a desktop) since i am using a
          > serial to usb converter adaptor & my new laptop do not inclued a serial
          > port, any siggestion ??
          >  Joseph A. Kareh
          > josephkareh@...
          > www.jkajaltoun.localweatherview.net

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011
            Joseph,
            Your problem is a very common one. Serial ports have a lot of features and even more requirements.

            If you search the forum on serial port, you will see recommendations and reasons that this occurs.

            It is likely that your device isn't capable of servicing the 2300 using the usb<>serial that you purchased.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Kareh <josephkareh@...> wrote:

            > hi
            >
            > i am using now serial to usb converter and its seems its not compatible with
            > heavy weather
            > is there any way to let my HW accept this kind of converter on a laptop?
            >

            > regards,
            >
            > Joseph A. Kareh
            > josephkareh@...
            > www.jkajaltoun.localweatherview.net
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Doug Leppard
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011

              I used to be active with weather but travels and life I had to stop.

              My Lacross WS 2317 is still up and I want to get it going again.

              I want to get an in-expensive netbook or something to be hooked up to the unit and possibly do other things.  I want this computer on all the time and cheap to buy and cheap on power.

              Questions:

              1.        What computer would you suggest to buy to work with the WS 2317?

              2.       What do I need to do to get the ws 2317 working again?

              Doug Leppard

              I-TEC

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011

                I would go with an Acer Netbook  with XP or Windows 7 installed. Also get a IOGear USB to serial adapter and you should be good to go.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Doug Leppard <Doug.Leppard@...> wrote:

                > I used to be active with weather but travels and life I had to stop.
                >
                > My Lacross WS 2317 is still up and I want to get it going again.
                >
                > I want to get an in-expensive netbook or something to be hooked up to the unit and possibly do other things. I want this computer on all the time and cheap to buy and cheap on power.
                >
                > Questions:
                >

                > 1. What computer would you suggest to buy to work with the WS 2317?
                >
                > 2. What do I need to do to get the ws 2317 working again?
                >

                > Doug Leppard
                > I-TEC

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2011
                  I'm using a ASUS netbook with Windows 7 basic installed connected to a WS-2316 via a
                  Serial to USB converter supplied by LaCrosse.

                  I too moved to light-weight netbook to keep my WS-2316 and WUHU/WU up and
                  running all the time, rather than a large power hungry desktop.

                  I have not had a problem using the LaCrosse USB converter on Windows 7 locking up -
                  maybe Microsoft now has a good driver for these inexpensive serial to USB converters.

                  -Mike