transmission problem ws2316

  • Joseph Kareh
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 10:42 PM
      Dear forum

      my base are far away from the thermo hygro sensor and many walls between the materials,
      and i am obliged to use wireless mode since no way to use the cables since i have ground issues.
      therefore i am facing a problem of miss receiving data frequently, is there anyway to increase the signal ?????
      for ex repeater or else materials.

      regards

      Joseph A. Kareh
      josephkareh@...
      www.jkajaltoun.localweatherview.net
    • Dimitris
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
        Hi Joseph
        Take a look here how you replace the antenna

        http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/project_replace-antenna-weather-station.html

        Best regards from Greece
        Dimitris

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2011
          i already did it Dimitris,

          i fix new antenna cables inside the base (30cm) and inside the thermo sensor to ouside (10cm)  same as its mentioned in your link
          but i realize that the interference increased!!! do you have any suggestion?

          other thing Dimitris can i extend the cable between the base and the pc ????

          have a nice day

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2011
            Hi Joseph

            You must put cable antenna 34,6 cm L /2 tuning wave 433 Mhz ,and not 30 cm,and not only 10 cm antenna out remote sensor.

            You can extend the cable between the base and the pc,if i am correct you use usb-serial adaptor.You can use simple usb cable 5 meters ,if you want more meters must you buy usb booster cable,every one from it is 5 meters ,you can work 3 piece five meters cable total lenght 15 meters.

            http://www.data-alliance.net/-strse-74/USB-2.0-Active-Repeater/Detail.bok

            This is a total 10 meters

            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VG39BI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1278548962&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001LWZ4BG&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0TG3PF88RZPXNEW2PFVR

            Or if you need more meters usb extender via cat 5

            http://www.networktechinc.com/usbc5.html