Re: [wuhu_software_group] New Weatherunderground format question for Alan Steremberg

  • Alan Steremberg
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 3, 2011
      We have a quality control that will flag stations that are particularly different than their neighbors. I will see what info we have about the forecast system.

      Alan

      ---------
      Alan Steremberg
      Weather Underground

      On Feb 3, 2011, at 7:36 AM, Barbara Rosen <gqsbrosen@...> wrote:

      Hi Alan,

      On this:

      ... and we will deliver a forecast for your weather station location that is statistically modified to match your weather station history.. So if your station is accurate, you will have an accurate matching forecast (hopefully!)

      That is very cool, but how is it done?  I have 2 weather stations KFLWIMAU2 and KFLWIMAU3 (at different frequencies) , and they are about 30 ft apart but have vastly different readings especially on humidity and abs pressure.   I am always comparing them to other stations in my area to assess the quality of the readings.   It seems that data should not be used unless they meet some kind of quality standard. Are some readings tossed out if they are statistically off?  Does wunderground do data correction similar to what the WUHU software does (which is a great feature!!!)?  Can you send me a link that explains the approach (not a bunch of equations though)?

      PS, I like the new format,  especially having sunrise, sunset at the top.

      In the future, it would be nice to see some sort of indicator on a weather station as to how it compares to its neighbors in readings.

      Barbara

      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 3, 2011
        I had selected to go back to "classic" format, but now, I have more time to look around and play with it. Where/how can I change back to the new format?
        Thanks!
        Edith
      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 3, 2011
          Edith,
          I just tried the classic and just closed the brower and opened it again the new WU came up.
          Steve

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Edith" <Edith.Thornburg@...> wrote:

          > I had selected to go back to "classic" format, but now, I have more time to look around and play with it. Where/how can I change back to the new format?
          > Thanks!
          > Edith

        • Edith
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 4, 2011
            Thanks - that didn't work for me, but I finally found a link at the top that says "New Website" and that worked :)
            I will have to go look around now!
            Edith