Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: From LaCrosse ws2350 to Davis VP2

  • H. Smith
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 28, 2011

      Alan,

      Other than the indoor temperature, I cannot tell what is real and what is not.

      You would need to show me what the actual values at the console are as well.

      Do you know what I mean?

      The outdoor temperature would be valid from where I am sitting, (29 F outside right now).

      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 28, 2011
        I have stations and sensors all in my room.

        In picture are data in °C and wind in km/h but units selected in wuhu are english (upper left corner). If I select metric then are wrong. Pressure is ok.

        Am I doing something wrong ?
        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 28, 2011
          Alan,

          I do not think you are doing anything wrong, the DLL is obviously not working as expected. I am going to send an updated version that will completely ignore the unit conversions and just assume that the data returned from the DLL is using the following for all data returned:

          Temperature FAHRENHEIT
          Barometer INCHES
          Rain INCHES
          Wind MPH
          Elevation FEET

          Will have it ready in a minute for you to test.

          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 28, 2011

            Ok, try this:

            As mentioned, I am not doing any unit conversion and will assume the DLL returns the data in the units mentioned below.

            > Alan,
            >
            > I do not think you are doing anything wrong, the DLL is obviously not working as expected. I am going to send an updated version that will completely ignore the unit conversions and just assume that the data returned from the DLL is using the following for all data returned:
            >

            > Temperature FAHRENHEIT
            > Barometer INCHES
            > Rain INCHES
            > Wind MPH
            > Elevation FEET
            >
            > Will have it ready in a minute for you to test.
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alan.gorjan" alan.gorjan@ wrote:
            > >
            > > I have stations and sensors all in my room.
            > >
            > > In picture are data in °C and wind in km/h but units selected in wuhu are english (upper left corner). If I select metric then are wrong. Pressure is ok.
            > >
            > > Am I doing something wrong ?

          • alan.gorjan
            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 28, 2011
              Now it is displaying OK :)

              From log:

              Fri Jan 28 21:19:34 2011 > WUHU Application Started (1,0,216,176)
              Fri Jan 28 21:19:35 2011 > WUHU monitoring started (WUHU216DAVISVP2).
              Fri Jan 28 21:19:37 2011 > Opened serial port COM11 successfully.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:39 2011 > The PC clock and console clock are set to within 45 seconds of one another (Measured Drift <= 39 seconds).
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:50 2011 > Current Absolute Pressure = 29.71, Relative Pressure = 30.10, Calculated Offset 0.39.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:50 2011 > Current Rain Total at start of retrieval = 2.56 IN, 65.00 MM.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > 17 new archive records were retrieved from console.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Outdoor temperature reading of 67.1 F detected when the average temperature is 19.6 F (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Dew point temperature reading of 42.6 F detected when the average dew point temperature is -0.1 F (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Rain Total reading of 2.56 Inches detected when the average rain Total is 0.10 Inches (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > To correct the rain total, under the Tweak screen, select 'Disable All Rainfall Reporting', click 'Save Settings' button. Wait for update from console on the main screen. Go back to Tweak screen, un-check 'Disable All Rainfall Reporting', click 'Save Settings' button.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Failure to resynchronize the WUHU history with the console rainfall total will result in inaccurate rainfall calculations.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Indoor temperature reading of 68.4 F detected when the average temperature is 20.3 F (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Outdoor temperature reading of 66.9 F detected when the average temperature is 19.6 F (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Dew point temperature reading of 42.4 F detected when the average dew point temperature is -0.5 F (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Rain Total reading of 2.56 Inches detected when the average rain Total is 0.10 Inches (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > To correct the rain total, under the Tweak screen, select 'Disable All Rainfall Reporting', click 'Save Settings' button. Wait for update from console on the main screen. Go back to Tweak screen, un-check 'Disable All Rainfall Reporting', click 'Save Settings' button.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Failure to resynchronize the WUHU history with the console rainfall total will result in inaccurate rainfall calculations.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Indoor temperature reading of 68.3 F detected when the average temperature is 20.3 F (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Outdoor temperature reading of 66.7 F detected when the average temperature is 19.6 F (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Dew point temperature reading of 42.2 F detected when the average dew point temperature is -0.5 F (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Rain Total reading of 2.56 Inches detected when the average rain Total is 0.10 Inches (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > To correct the rain total, under the Tweak screen, select 'Disable All Rainfall Reporting', click 'Save Settings' button. Wait for update from console on the main screen. Go back to Tweak screen, un-check 'Disable All Rainfall Reporting', click 'Save Settings' button.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Failure to resynchronize the WUHU history with the console rainfall total will result in inaccurate rainfall calculations.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Indoor temperature reading of 68.1 F detected when the average temperature is 20.3 F (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:55 2011 > Console history read completed succesfully. 3 records were collected. 3 records were stored. 0 records were uploaded to Weather Underground, 0 records were uploaded to PWSWeather, 0 records were uploaded to WeatherBug.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:59 2011 > Console Battery Voltage: 4.86
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:59 2011 > All transmitter batteries are Ok.
              Fri Jan 28 21:21:59 2011 > All repeater batteries are Ok.
              Fri Jan 28 21:22:03 2011 > Transmitter ID #0 is of type "ISS_TX - An ISS station configured as an ISS.", No repeater
            • H. Smith
              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 28, 2011

                Very interesting.

                This suggests that the DLL documentation is wrong or that there is a major bug in the DLL.

                Thanks for testing.

                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 28, 2011
                  Thanks for your effort
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 28, 2011
                    Anytime.

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alan.gorjan" <alan.gorjan@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks for your effort

                  • alan.gorjan
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 5, 2011
                      Another question :)

                      At night I switch computer off. When I restart at morning Wuhu send old history data from datalogger to Wunderground. If I compare this data with data in wlk files (Davis) are not the same. Wind is much lower.

                      Example from tonight (but it was not windy):

                      WU: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5496/42373640.jpg

                      From davis: http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2246/59190373.jpg
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 5, 2011
                        That is a good question. The normal wind speed (not wind gust) appears to be reported lower in WL than what was uploaded.

                        Are you running the latest version of WL and also the latest console firmware?

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alan.gorjan" <alan.gorjan@...> wrote:

                        > Another question :)
                        >
                        > At night I switch computer off. When I restart at morning Wuhu send old history data from datalogger to Wunderground. If I compare this data with data in wlk files (Davis) are not the same. Wind is much lower.
                        >
                        > Example from tonight (but it was not windy):
                        >
                        > WU: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5496/42373640.jpg
                        >
                        > From davis: http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2246/59190373.jpg

                      • alan.gorjan
                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 5, 2011
                          From WeatherLink Console Diagnostics:

                          Console Diagnostics 05.02.11 13:55
                          Firmware Version: 1.90
                          Total Received: 19376
                          Total Resynchs: 5
                          Total Misses: 166
                          Max in a Row: 1118
                          CRC Errors: 11
                          % Good: 99%
                          Console Battery: 4.85 V

                          WeatherLink is 5.9.2

                          From Wednesday we will have more wind, I will test then again.
                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 5, 2011
                            I do believe those are the latest versions.

                            Let me know what you find.

                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alan.gorjan" <alan.gorjan@...> wrote:

                            > From WeatherLink Console Diagnostics:
                            >
                            > Console Diagnostics 05.02.11 13:55
                            > Firmware Version: 1.90
                            > Total Received: 19376
                            > Total Resynchs: 5
                            > Total Misses: 166
                            > Max in a Row: 1118
                            > CRC Errors: 11
                            > % Good: 99%
                            > Console Battery: 4.85 V
                            >
                            > WeatherLink is 5.9.2
                            >
                            > From Wednesday we will have more wind, I will test then again.

                          • alan.gorjan
                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 10, 2011
                              Here are today's morning data. I only run Wuhu at morning for send data to WU, then it was closed.

                              Data from datalogger (WeatherLink): http://alanonline.eu/downld02.txt
                              Data from WU: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IPRIMORS14&month=2&day=10&year=2011
                              Raw data from WU: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IPRIMORS14&month=2&day=10&year=2011&format=1

                              Max wind was 11,3km/h at 3:10, WU is reporting max 8km/h at 3:15.
                              It is strange.

                              Sorry for my English.

                              Alan

                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 10, 2011
                                On the main WUHU display, what is the peak wind gust since Midnight? Enter an M for the end hours, hit the show button for an immediate update of the stats.

                                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alan.gorjan" <alan.gorjan@...> wrote:

                                > Here are today's morning data. I only run Wuhu at morning for send data to WU, then it was closed.
                                >
                                > Data from datalogger (WeatherLink): http://alanonline.eu/downld02.txt
                                > Data from WU: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IPRIMORS14&month=2&day=10&year=2011
                                > Raw data from WU: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IPRIMORS14&month=2&day=10&year=2011&format=1
                                >
                                > Max wind was 11,3km/h at 3:10, WU is reporting max 8km/h at 3:15.
                                > It is strange.
                                >
                                > Sorry for my English.
                                >
                                > Alan

                                > > I do believe those are the latest versions.
                                > >
                                > > Let me know what you find.

                              • alan.gorjan
                                Message 15 of 26 , Feb 11, 2011
                                  > On the main WUHU display, what is the peak wind gust since Midnight? Enter an M for the end hours, hit the show button for an immediate update of the stats.

                                  Data in Wuhu display are correct with same amount and time like it was in datalogger (WeatherLink).
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Feb 11, 2011
                                    Are you using rapid-fire? When using rapid-fire, not every piece of data that is sent is stored, only one record every few minutes is stored. The gust speed should remain for 10 minutes and should have been seen.

                                    What is your WU ID? I also would need a specific date to check for a specific gust speed.