Re: [wuhu_software_group] New member of group

  • Phil Potter
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2011
      Hi John,

      Whew!  Thanks for your kindness in offering to answer questions, because, even though I have written high-level programs (in dBase, if you remember that), I find this stuff very confusing.  I made a feeble attempt, but my log entries show failures faster than than a flea can bite!  Ouch!

      I will try to restrict my questions to just only the most extreme needs on my end, so that you won't hate me too quickly ;2)

      I am on my lunch break, so will regroup on Wuhu this evening or tomorrow night and then ask a couple of questions, if you are ok with that.

      Thanks a whole bunch, John!

      Phil Potter
      CW2610

      On 1/24/2011 12:40 PM, John Liss wrote:

      Hey Phil,

      You can also reference http://www.lissproductions.org/wiki/creating-a-website-with-wuhu to kick start you in the right direction.  You will have to crack open the wx<1-9> files and change the text as appropriate. (Titles name etc)

      You will have to enable the Write Extended Currentdat Setting for the templates to run correctly. (I'll update the pages now..)
      http://www.lissproductions.org/wiki/the-wuhu-configuration-ini

      If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.

      -John

      On 1/23/2011 4:31 PM, Don Lafferty wrote:

      Here's the place you can get the John Liss examples/template.

      On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      Welcome Phil!

      John Liss is the web template guy.  You should be able to find it or a link to it on the Wiki.

      On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM, phil_in_ca <p.potter@...> wrote:

      Greetings,

      I just joined this group since I just installed WUHU to handle uploading data from my VP to Weather Underground and CWOP.

      I have to say that I had had enough of Davis' Weatherlink and removed the Weatherlink IP that I had been using for many years and uninstalled Weatherlink from my computer! I have had the WUHU software downloaded for quite some time, but wasn't willing to put in the time and trouble of switching over... Well, Weatherlink forced me to it and I am glad that I put in the effort.

      Now, I am running a Weather Envoy, USB data logger and WUHU and it's just fine!

      I do have some questions, however. The log says that it can't retrieve console history because the console (Envoy) clock and the PC clock are too far apart. HOW do I set the console (Envoy) clock? Do I have to run Weatherlink to do it? UGH! Can you tell I am unhappy about that?!?

      Also, is there a Website creation guru here that can de-mystify the WUHU webpage creation setup? I would like to make the weather data available on my LAN as a webpage... but the directions are a bit cryptic to me... didn't say I was webpage intelligent!

      Anyway, I am a teacher in CA and have had the VP since '04 and love watching weather....

      Phil