wrong rain records

  • pierre.casal
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
      hello, I'm using WUHU since July 10 and never got non real rain records, but yesterday.... I regularly updated my wuhu up to v172 so I don't know where is the starting point of this trouble.
      My configuration is WS2350+Wuhu+wswin32, I went back to v154 and waiting if the trouble is arriving... or not...
      I would appreciate if someone is having an idea
      Pierre
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
        I would need to know more information about this event in order to look in to it.

        Did this rain even happen when the console logger data was read or was it in live mode?

        What was the magnitude of the rain event?

        What is your WU ID and time/date of the event?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pierre.casal" <pcasal@...> wrote:

        > hello, I'm using WUHU since July 10 and never got non real rain records, but yesterday.... I regularly updated my wuhu up to v172 so I don't know where is the starting point of this trouble.
        > My configuration is WS2350+Wuhu+wswin32, I went back to v154 and waiting if the trouble is arriving... or not...
        > I would appreciate if someone is having an idea
        > Pierre

      • pierre.casal
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
          At that moment, Wuhu was running and retrieving data from the console every 2 minutes.
          There where no rain at all
          This appened twice, Once at 8h29 (am) and once at 16h33 (pm).
          Could you tell me where I could find my WU ID please ?

          Thanks for your help

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
            Pierre,

            The question is then whether or not the console reported a change in the rail total.

            There are two ways you can see if the rain total changed. First, on the main screen, enter 0 to X hours where the range contains the change in rain totals. Look at the Delta value for the rain total. This will tell you whether the rain total did change. If the console did report a change in rain total (for whatever reason), then there is no problem with the software.

            There are many potential causes for false rain total changes including RF noise, wind causing the rain bucket to tip, etc.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pierre.casal" <pcasal@...> wrote:

            > At that moment, Wuhu was running and retrieving data from the console every 2 minutes.
            > There where no rain at all
            > This appened twice, Once at 8h29 (am) and once at 16h33 (pm).
            > Could you tell me where I could find my WU ID please ?
            >
            > Thanks for your help
            > Pierre

            > > I would need to know more information about this event in order to look in to it.
            > >
            > > Did this rain even happen when the console logger data was read or was it in live mode?
            > >
            > > What was the magnitude of the rain event?
            > >
            > > What is your WU ID and time/date of the event?
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pierre.casal" <pcasal@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > hello, I'm using WUHU since July 10 and never got non real rain records, but yesterday.... I regularly updated my wuhu up to v172 so I don't know where is the starting point of this trouble.
            > > > My configuration is WS2350+Wuhu+wswin32, I went back to v154 and waiting if the trouble is arriving... or not...
            > > > I would appreciate if someone is having an idea
            > > > Pierre

          • pierre.casal
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
              Thanks for your explanations, I understand what you told me.
              No, the console did'nt report any rain.
              Moreover, I used heavy weather too and it did'nt show any rain during that day.
              An other thing is very strange : WUHU reported twice 2.79 mm of rain, and as you know 2.79mm of rain in 2 minutes is very rare.
              Pierre
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                Did the Delta column show if there was a change in rain total, at least one that WUHU recorded?

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pierre.casal" <pcasal@...> wrote:

                > Thanks for your explanations, I understand what you told me.
                > No, the console did'nt report any rain.
                > Moreover, I used heavy weather too and it did'nt show any rain during that day.
                > An other thing is very strange : WUHU reported twice 2.79 mm of rain, and as you know 2.79mm of rain in 2 minutes is very rare.
                > Pierre

              • pierre.casal
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                  Yes, column "Relative Rainfal" was showing 2.79 and coloumn "Absolute Rainfal" showed "Previous value of the abs. rainfall counter" + 2.79mm
                  (I seen that, as written by WUHU, in my history.dat)
                  Pierre
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                    Are you talking about the data within wswin32?

                    I was really referring to the main stats area on the WUHU screen. There is a column labeled "Delta Lo/Hi". If you follow that column down to Rain Total, there should be a number there.

                    Are you using WUHU in direct serial mode or is wswin32 outputting a currdat.lst file?

                    I am not quite sure that I understand how your setup is configured.

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pierre.casal" <pcasal@...> wrote:

                    > Yes, column "Relative Rainfal" was showing 2.79 and coloumn "Absolute Rainfal" showed "Previous value of the abs. rainfall counter" + 2.79mm
                    > (I seen that, as written by WUHU, in my history.dat)
                    > Pierre

                  • pierre.casal
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                      Sorry, the setting is as follow:
                      WS2350 collected by WUHU in direct serial mode (using an USB/RS232 converter)
                      WUHU generates my history.dat (in WS3600 mode) and this file is monitored by WSWIN32

                      The counters in WUHU reflected this rain (both "Rain total" and "Delta...") before I did the change (I reset the "Rain Total" counter using WUHU). So what I told you is what was written by WUHU in my "old" history.dat
                      Pierre
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                        In this case, I would guess that the console did generate bogus data at least so far as the rain total is concerned. It would have been interesting to know if this was a single corrupt read from the console or whether the console was continually reporting this bogus rainfall.

                        If you see this again, let me know before you reset the rain total.

                        Thanks.

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pierre.casal" <pcasal@...> wrote:

                        > Sorry, the setting is as follow:
                        > WS2350 collected by WUHU in direct serial mode (using an USB/RS232 converter)
                        > WUHU generates my history.dat (in WS3600 mode) and this file is monitored by WSWIN32
                        >
                        > The counters in WUHU reflected this rain (both "Rain total" and "Delta...") before I did the change (I reset the "Rain Total" counter using WUHU). So what I told you is what was written by WUHU in my "old" history.dat
                        > Pierre

                      • Jaye Ellen

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                            I think he is just outputting the HW Pro compatible history file to feed in to wswin32, I do not believe that he is running HW Pro.

                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

                            > Just noticed --- a 2350 running 3600 software? Thought this was a conflict
                            >
                            > Jaye Ellen
                            >
                            > On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM, pierre.casal <pcasal@...> wrote:
                            >

                            > > Sorry, the setting is as follow:
                            > > WS2350 collected by WUHU in direct serial mode (using an USB/RS232
                            > > converter)
                            > > WUHU generates my history.dat (in WS3600 mode) and this file is monitored
                            > > by WSWIN32
                            > >
                            > > The counters in WUHU reflected this rain (both "Rain total" and "Delta...")
                            > > before I did the change (I reset the "Rain Total" counter using WUHU). So
                            > > what I told you is what was written by WUHU in my "old" history.dat
                            > > Pierre

                          • pierre.casal
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 10, 2011
                              Heavy Weather does not provide "Wind gust" (and some other records) for this reason I don't use it. WUHU records this data when it generates my history.dat file. Then I use this history.dat thanks to WSWIN32 and Graphweather.

                              Pierre

                              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

                              > Just noticed --- a 2350 running 3600 software? Thought this was a conflict
                              >
                              > Jaye Ellen
                              >
                              > On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM, pierre.casal <pcasal@...> wrote:
                              >

                              > > Sorry, the setting is as follow:
                              > > WS2350 collected by WUHU in direct serial mode (using an USB/RS232
                              > > converter)
                              > > WUHU generates my history.dat (in WS3600 mode) and this file is monitored
                              > > by WSWIN32
                              > >
                              > > The counters in WUHU reflected this rain (both "Rain total" and "Delta...")
                              > > before I did the change (I reset the "Rain Total" counter using WUHU). So
                              > > what I told you is what was written by WUHU in my "old" history.dat
                              > > Pierre

                            • pierre.casal
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 10, 2011
                                I'm Sorry but Heavy Weather did not retrieve erroneous data.