Re: gap in uploads again

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 6, 2011
      The service is called WV5Communication, it is the software that actually communicates with the console and updates the currdat.lst. From what I understand, users report that if HW is not running, the updates to the currdat.lst file are less frequent.

      The HW program uses what are called templates. Under Extra, Options, you tell it where your history files are stored and the name of the current history file.

      Using the templates, you can then view any history file located in the folder that you have defined to contain history files. You can also manually edit these files. If you play with the program a bit you can figure it out. Notice that the Windows in the right pan have tabs at the Top and the bottom of the screen.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Sander Pool <sander_pool@...> wrote:

      > Always running HW. I did not know there is a service. Both HW and wuhu
      > are running as apps. I will try again to load the history file in HW. It
      > didn't work before but that's because I don't know how to navigate HW so
      > I'll see if the manual is any help. File->open did not work which was a
      > bit surprising.
      >
      > Sander
      >
      > On 1/6/2011 8:05 PM, wuhu_software wrote:
      > >

      > > Are you also always running HW or relying on the service to write the
      > > currdat.lst?
      > >
      > > -

    • Sander Pool
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2011

        Ah, I didn't get that HW will only open history files that are in the defined history path. That's poor software design but we work with what we have. Once I moved the history file to the right directory HW could show me the data. The data that's missing from WU is also missing from the history. It appears that HW occasionally loses connectivity with the base station. I just saw it do that a short while ago. Apparently the wireless comms aren't the most reliable. For HW that's not so bad as it'll catch up with the base station once it re-connects. The problem is that wuhu doesn't see all those updates, probably because the .lst file is either only updated for the most recent data point or because the updates come by too quickly.

        Oh well. If my life depended on this data I'd get better equipment. It's just interesting to me, nothing more, so now that I understand what's happening I'll leave it be. In the meantime I've moved the USB receiver dongle to what's hopefully a less noisy place by using a USB extension cord with weighted base that came with my new Sony BD player. Re-use and recycle :)

        Thanks,

            Sander

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2011
          Sander,

          Yes, I believe everything you said to be the case, specifically when HW catches up it is not writing currdat.lst.

          Let me know if relocating the USB receiver works. If not, we can consider some other strategy to catch up.