Missing rain data

  • robew2004
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
      I'm now trying to use WUHU (that has worked very well with a LaCross system) to upload data from a Davis Vantage Pro. All data is transmitting except rain rates, so I'm not getting graphical presentation of the data on Wunderground. Any ideas? Some unusual setting?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
        Did you have a rain event today?

        Please post your WU ID and a date which you expected to see a rain rate that was not posted.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
          I have a few more questions for you.

          Under the Tweaks screen:

          1)Is the Disable Rain Sensor checked?
          2)Is Disable All Rainfall reporting checked?
          3)Is the calculate 1Hr and 24Hr Rainfall option checked?

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "robew2004" <robert_woodard@...> wrote:

          > I'm now trying to use WUHU (that has worked very well with a LaCross system) to upload data from a Davis Vantage Pro. All data is transmitting except rain rates, so I'm not getting graphical presentation of the data on Wunderground. Any ideas? Some unusual setting?
          >
          > Thanks

        • Don Lafferty
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
            And one I got hit with recently are your computer and console dates the same?

            Don

            On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 9:40 AM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

            I have a few more questions for you.

            Under the Tweaks screen:

            1)Is the Disable Rain Sensor checked?
            2)Is Disable All Rainfall reporting checked?
            3)Is the calculate 1Hr and 24Hr Rainfall option checked?

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "robew2004" <robert_woodard@...> wrote:

            > I'm now trying to use WUHU (that has worked very well with a LaCross system) to upload data from a Davis Vantage Pro. All data is transmitting except rain rates, so I'm not getting graphical presentation of the data on Wunderground. Any ideas? Some unusual setting?
            >
            > Thanks

          • robew2004
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
              My station is KWABATTL7 on Wunderground. You can see the rain-data graph there, but there was also a spike of rain between 7-8 that isn't graphically reported on my station but it is on the station located to my southwest. That's what prompted the question. It appears that it was the Calculate 1 hr and 24 hr Rainfall option box. It had been checked when using the LaCross, but once I unchecked it the data began sending appropriately. The "Disable" buttons were not selected, so it wasn't those. Per Don's comment, I set the console date from the computer date, so there wasn't a mismatch there.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
                Looking at your charts, the rain appeared to start at around 9:45am and it seems to be working fine.

                It is possible that your neighboring station did have rain at 7-8am where your station did not.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "robew2004" <robert_woodard@...> wrote:

                > My station is KWABATTL7 on Wunderground. You can see the rain-data graph there, but there was also a spike of rain between 7-8 that isn't graphically reported on my station but it is on the station located to my southwest. That's what prompted the question. It appears that it was the Calculate 1 hr and 24 hr Rainfall option box. It had been checked when using the LaCross, but once I unchecked it the data began sending appropriately. The "Disable" buttons were not selected, so it wasn't those. Per Don's comment, I set the console date from the computer date, so there wasn't a mismatch there.
                >
                > Thanks.

                > > I have a few more questions for you.
                > >
                > > Under the Tweaks screen:
                > >
                > > 1)Is the Disable Rain Sensor checked?
                > > 2)Is Disable All Rainfall reporting checked?
                > > 3)Is the calculate 1Hr and 24Hr Rainfall option checked?
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "robew2004" <robert_woodard@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I'm now trying to use WUHU (that has worked very well with a LaCross system) to upload data from a Davis Vantage Pro. All data is transmitting except rain rates, so I'm not getting graphical presentation of the data on Wunderground. Any ideas? Some unusual setting?
                > > >
                > > > Thanks

              • robew2004
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
                  All my neighboring stations had rain, approx .12", between 7 and 8. I was awake during this time, so I know it was raining.

                  Like I said, I'm guessing it was that the "Calculate 1hr and 24hr" buttons were toggled on (allowing my LaCross to work). Now that they're toggled off, things seem to be working correctly.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
                    The Calculate 1hr and 24hr will work fine with a Davis or a La Crosse.

                    More than likely the console did not start registering rain until around 9:45am for whatever reason. You can verify this by looking at the rainfall chart and looking at the rain total field.