2011 Starts Out Bad

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011
      I woke this morning to find my home made Shelter for the External Data Unit laying flat on the ground seems winds about 9am this morning took it off the fence post I got the station running but we were off line for about 4 hours GREAT way to start the YEAR!! I uploaded A photo!!

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1
    • Bob Tyszka
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
        On 1/1/11 12:12 PM, Rick wrote:

        I woke this morning to find my home made Shelter for the External Data Unit laying flat on the ground seems winds about 9am this morning took it off the fence post I got the station running but we were off line for about 4 hours GREAT way to start the YEAR!! I uploaded A photo!!

        Rick
        KOHWAPAK1

        Hi Rick and Happy New Year!

            Let's hope that this is the worst thing to happen to you in 2011.

            Earlier in 2010 my restored instrument shelter from the NWS was blown down and destroyed.  I built a new one and monted on a metal pipe using a flange that screws onto the pipe and has four bolts holding down the shelter.  It works great and has withstood the high winds of the desert.

        Bob Tyszka
        California City, CA
        CW9012 / KCACALIF5

        Click for California City, California Forecast

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
          My Son Built me A new Shelter that Day were Back in Business Thanks Bob and Your Right I hope that is the worst of 2011.

          Rick
          KOHWAPAK1