Re: NEWBIE Tony with ISSUES :(

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 29, 2010
      Anthony,

      The probably is that you have configured WUHU to use the Currdat.LST import method, but you are pointing it to a history file (.DAT file).

      To correct, go to HW, under the Extras menu, click "Show my weather data file". Capture the exact path and file name shown. You will have to probably re-type this as you cannot copy from the dialog shown.

      In WUHU, press Stop to make changes, click Setup, in the General Settings, in the Console Type and Data Source section, populate the File: edit box with the complete path and file shown by HW. If this file is located in a hidden folder, you probably cannot just use the browse button to find it. You would need to either use windows explorer to un-hide the folder or just manually type in the path and file. If you manually type in the path and file, all spaces and capitalization are important.

      After you have entered the path and file name, click Ok to exit the setup then press Start on the main screen. You may need to wait a minute or two for HW to upload the currdat.LST file that you specified in the setup.

      Give that a try and let me know if you get it working.

      Until you see all the weather data fill in on the main WUHU screen you will not be able to upload data to the weather servers.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony R" <tony@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > An error occurred reading the rain total in MM from currdat.lst. Value=""
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > An error occurred reading the rainfall 24 HR in IN from currdat.lst. Value=""
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > An error occurred reading the rainfall 24 HR in MM from currdat.lst. Value=""
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > An error occurred reading the rainfall 1 HR in IN from currdat.lst. Value=""
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > An error occurred reading the rainfall 1 HR in MM from currdat.lst. Value=""
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > An error occurred reading the relative pressure in INHG from currdat.lst. Value=""
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > An error occurred reading the relative pressure in HPA from currdat.lst. Value=""
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > An error occurred reading the absolute pressure in INHG from currdat.lst. Value=""
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > An error occurred reading the absolute pressure in HPA from currdat.lst. Value=""
      > Wed Dec 29 10:55:24 2010 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.

      > > Anthony,
      > >
      > > In order to debug the problems with your uploads I would need to see the log errors related to uploading. You can select lines in the log then click the Copy Selected button to copy those lines to the Windows clipboard, then paste them here.
      > >
      > > As far as your WUHU setup data goes, you do not need to enable the Heavyweather Currdat.LST file output. This file is used if you are using advanced features like templates, or exporting data to other weather programs. If you are not doing either of the above, you can un-check this option. If you do want to output this file, you probably want to use a name and extension like:
      > >
      > > C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\HeavyWeather\History\Mycurrdat.LST
      > >
      > > As this file is really just a text file in the INI file format. You can view the contents with notepad. Generally the .dat extension is reserved for history files that you are not configured to output and the .LST implies that this is a special INI file.
      > >
      > > Since you are running HW Pro 2812, you should never need to output a history file from WUHU as the HW Pro application is already doing so. See your HW Pro setup for the location and filename of the history file it is generating.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony R" <tony@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for the coordinates..at this time, I erased all the errors that did come up.
      > > > After erasing them, I put the following information into the setup section of WUHU:
      > > > In the Setup / General Settings tab:
      > > >
      > > > Type: La Crosse Heavy Weather File (currdat.LST)
      > > > File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\currdat.lst
      > > > HeavyWeather Currdat.LST Output File Configuration (INI Text File
      > > > Output) NOTE BOTH TICK BOXES HAVE CHECK MARKS IN THEM.
      > > > File: C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\HeavyWeather\History\history.dat
      > > > Weather Pro Compatible History File (Binary Proprietary La Crosse

    • Anthony R
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 29, 2010
        WOW...this worked like a charm...and by the time minimized the window...the data propagated into WUHU....this should be fun :)
        Thanks
        Tony

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 29, 2010
          Great, now your data should be sent to the servers, assuming you have all the station ID and passwords correct.