Wind gust speed reading of 57 mph detected when wind is only gusting to 0.0 mph

  • Eddie
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
      Here is this error I am getting.
      Weather station works fine, just this not sure why I am getting this wind gust.

      Thu Dec 02 19:12:45 2010 > Wind gust speed reading of 57.0 mph detected when wind is only gusting to 0.0 mph (over past 10 minutes). Replaced with average value that was calculated over the past 10 minutes.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
        Is it a La Crosse 23XX?

        If so, these bad wind readings are typical from that kind of station, that is why the data is rejected and the log message is created.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010
          Yep, 2315. Is there anyway to 'reset' or clear it?

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010
            Clear it from?

            If you see that in the log, the wind speed should have been rejected and replaced with an average value. That should be the end of that if all goes well.

            If they sneak by the detection and you are concerned about your history (history.dat) you can either install HW Pro to edit the file or download a different utility that can edit the file. There is one such utility under the links section.

            If it makes it up to Weather Underground, you can go to your history page and delete specific entries (see bottom of your history page).

            There is no way to fix up CWOP, AWEKAS, PWSWeather uploads that I am aware of.