GraphWeather and WUHU.

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010

      I played around with the application called GraphWeather and was able to use WUHU templates to supply the application with weather data. GraphWeather can then in turn generate graphic files and upload these to your website at a specified frequency. In addition I believe it can generate .swf flash files and has some real-time capability that I have not yet played with. There also appears to be a built-in web server of some sort but I have tried it yet.

      Here is an example of a gauges graphic that is generated by GraphWeather and uploaded once per minute:

      This is an interesting application has a lot of capability. It can generate gauges as well as nice looking strip charts. I suspect that most users want to be able to update their charts and gauges once per minute but you could take it further if you want to invest the time to learn how.

      There are a couple of quarks that I have found in the program and have reported to the author. These are minor issues with the configuration that I have found a way around for now.

      The gauges and charts created by customizing .XML files called style sheets. Unfortunately the pre-made style sheets are configured for Metric units.  This requires that you go in the XML and set things like Min and Max for the gauge that are a better fit for English units.  On the plus side, if the pre-made style sheets are fixed up for English units, they could be distributed so that each and every user need not go through this exercise.

      What I would like to do if possible is to work with someone that can do a write-up on how to configure WUHU to work with GraphWeather and also to update the style sheets so that they are ready to go with English units.

      I have created a template for importing the data in to GraphWeather using its CSV plug-in. I have also set up the ordering of the column data that I can send to you so that you do not need to go through that entire process.

      If you are very comfortable with template processing and would like to take on this task of tweaking XML files and creating user documentation, please let me know.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010
        Update:

        There are problems with wind chill and dew point that need to be resolved before we should bother to proceed.