Re: Storm totals?

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2010
      Edith,

      In the stats area, at the bottom, you can enter a range of time to have displayed in the stats area.

      For example, to display the stats for the past 3 hours, you can enter 0 to 3 hours. If you hit graph, the graph will show you that range of time. If you hit the gauges button, this also reflects only that range of time you have specified.

      If you enter 0 to M that means from now to midnight.

      If the first field is not zero, say from 1 to 3, then the stats will reflect from 1 hour ago to 3 hours ago and the stats will not automatically update when new data is received, to go back to auto-update mode, the first value (or from value) must be zero (meaning now).

      There is no specific function to view the storm total as is available on some stations like the Davis. I am not sure what criteria they are using for the beginning or ending of a storm.

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2010
        I should have mentioned that the "Delta" column displays the change over the specified period, and in the case of the rain, the change in rain total. You can use this to determine the amount of rainfall over the specified period.

        > Edith,
        >
        > In the stats area, at the bottom, you can enter a range of time to have displayed in the stats area.
        >
        > For example, to display the stats for the past 3 hours, you can enter 0 to 3 hours. If you hit graph, the graph will show you that range of time. If you hit the gauges button, this also reflects only that range of time you have specified.
        >
        > If you enter 0 to M that means from now to midnight.
        >
        > If the first field is not zero, say from 1 to 3, then the stats will reflect from 1 hour ago to 3 hours ago and the stats will not automatically update when new data is received, to go back to auto-update mode, the first value (or from value) must be zero (meaning now).
        >
        > There is no specific function to view the storm total as is available on some stations like the Davis. I am not sure what criteria they are using for the beginning or ending of a storm.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Edith" <Edith.Thornburg@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I did a very quick/light search, but didn't see anything at a glance. Is there somewhere I can see storm totals for rainfall, not just last 24 hours?
        > > TIA
        > > Edith

      • Edith
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
          Changing the numbers in those 2 boxes doesn't seem to change anything...
          Also, is there somewhere I can see what the wind did during the storm too?

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
            Edith,

            I forgot to mention, you must set the radio button to hours or mins, enter the values, then either wait for an update from the console or hit the Show button to update the stats immediately.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Edith" <Edith.Thornburg@...> wrote:

            > Changing the numbers in those 2 boxes doesn't seem to change anything...
            > Also, is there somewhere I can see what the wind did during the storm too?
            > Edith

            > > I should have mentioned that the "Delta" column displays the change over the specified period, and in the case of the rain, the change in rain total. You can use this to determine the amount of rainfall over the specified period.

            > > > Edith,
            > > >
            > > > In the stats area, at the bottom, you can enter a range of time to have displayed in the stats area.
            > > >
            > > > For example, to display the stats for the past 3 hours, you can enter 0 to 3 hours. If you hit graph, the graph will show you that range of time. If you hit the gauges button, this also reflects only that range of time you have specified.
            > > >
            > > > If you enter 0 to M that means from now to midnight.
            > > >
            > > > If the first field is not zero, say from 1 to 3, then the stats will reflect from 1 hour ago to 3 hours ago and the stats will not automatically update when new data is received, to go back to auto-update mode, the first value (or from value) must be zero (meaning now).
            > > >
            > > > There is no specific function to view the storm total as is available on some stations like the Davis. I am not sure what criteria they are using for the beginning or ending of a storm.

          • KNHBRIST1
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
              Edith,
              If you upload to Weather underground you can bring up your data and charts there. They allow for custom dates, so you could look at your dtata there also for a specific storm.
              Steve

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Edith" <Edith.Thornburg@...> wrote:

              > Changing the numbers in those 2 boxes doesn't seem to change anything...
              > Also, is there somewhere I can see what the wind did during the storm too?
              > Edith

              > > I should have mentioned that the "Delta" column displays the change over the specified period, and in the case of the rain, the change in rain total. You can use this to determine the amount of rainfall over the specified period.

              > > > Edith,
              > > >
              > > > In the stats area, at the bottom, you can enter a range of time to have displayed in the stats area.
              > > >
              > > > For example, to display the stats for the past 3 hours, you can enter 0 to 3 hours. If you hit graph, the graph will show you that range of time. If you hit the gauges button, this also reflects only that range of time you have specified.
              > > >
              > > > If you enter 0 to M that means from now to midnight.
              > > >
              > > > If the first field is not zero, say from 1 to 3, then the stats will reflect from 1 hour ago to 3 hours ago and the stats will not automatically update when new data is received, to go back to auto-update mode, the first value (or from value) must be zero (meaning now).
              > > >
              > > > There is no specific function to view the storm total as is available on some stations like the Davis. I am not sure what criteria they are using for the beginning or ending of a storm.

            • Edith
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
                hmmm. I tried that. My console told me that the storm total was 2.49", but the most wuhu says is 2.33" no matter how much time I put in.
                Edith

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
                  That is interesting... I am wondering how Davis is calculating the storm total... When does that value reset or does it never reset?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
                    Edith,

                    The manual states:

                    Rain Storm - Rain Storm displays the rain total of the last rain event. It takes two tips of the rain bucket to begin a storm event and 24 hours without rain to end a storm event.

                    That being the case, if you had a tiny amount of rain, say 0.02, then almost 24 hours goes by, and you get more rain, the amount of time of a storm could be days or more.

                    By default, WUHU will capture 24 hours of data in memory. You can increase this amount by hitting Stop, Hit Setup, in General Settings, change the Hours of Weather Data in Memory field. The minimum is 24 hours, the maximum is 168 hours (a week of readings, every reading each 5-7 seconds).

                    Try increasing that value to at least a few days if you want to be able to view the stats and graph the data beyond 24 hours.