Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: B152 Release.

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 130 KB
    Don't know if this is related to the current upgrade...

    But I'm getting just a 0 (zero) on the Wind chart for the wind speed axis, i.e. the graph
    is showing data but the axis only shows 0 (checking and unchecking automatic on the
    axis makes no difference)

    See pic attached.

    -Mike

    Message 2 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
      I found the problem and will upload when I can.

      Apparently there is a problem with the Comcast FTP server.

      Thanks

      Message 3 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010

        Mike,

        Please download the latest refresh then swap the axis on the wind chart.

        That should fix the problem.

        Thanks

        ---

        Software Download:

        > I found the problem and will upload when I can.
        >
        > Apparently there is a problem with the Comcast FTP server.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" mike.a.p@ wrote:
        > >
        > > Don't know if this is related to the current upgrade...
        > >
        > > But I'm getting just a 0 (zero) on the Wind chart for the wind speed axis, i.e. the graph
        > > is showing data but the axis only shows 0 (checking and unchecking automatic on the
        > > axis makes no difference)
        > >
        > > See pic attached.
        > >
        > > -Mike
        > >

        > > > I found a bug on the swapping of the vertical axis for the rain
        > > > chart.
        > > >
        > > > I have refreshed the image.
        > > >
        > > > ---
        > > >
        > > > Software Download:
        > > >
        > > > WUHU216_32.zip
        > > >

        > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith"

      • Mike
        Message 4 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
          Heath,
          Unfortunately this fix didn't address this problem - but poking around on the chart
          edit. I see that my axis increment was somehow set to 45, I set it to 1 and now the axis
          shows up, 0 - 11 - all good.

          Thanks,
          Mike

          Message 5 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
            Mike,

            Yes that was the problem, the swap axis after the install of the latest version should have addressed that.

          • alrjr2001
            Message 6 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
              Yep! I figure they harvested e-mails from here or another weather related site, just mark it as spam and move on:-)

              Arnold In The Smokies
              DW1121
            • Greggo
              Message 7 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                Here is my reply to his email/spam:

                From what I have read on a certain group that I belong to, we're all getting your email. It would have been better (and courteous) to ask permission before spamming a mailing list/email group.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

                > Yep! I figure they harvested e-mails from here or another weather related site, just mark it as spam and move on:-)
                >
                > Arnold In The Smokies
                > DW1121

              • Mike
                Message 8 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                  Heath,
                  so now if I swap, I get RH axis wind speed: 0, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, etc, etc
                  but if I put the wind speed on the LH axis I get: 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, etc, etc (no
                  x.5s) (increment is set to 0.1 for both axis)

                  -Mike

                  Message 9 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                    Ok fixed it; value format was set to 0.

                    Message 10 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                      Mike,

                      So the swap axis did work to correct on it's own?

                    • Chris D Baragwanath (G)
                      Message 11 of 27 , Dec 4, 2010

                        Hi, The figure of 36.8 deg C in the Temperature "Next Hr" column caught my eye the other evening and wondered if this is correct ?

                        Kind Regards,

                        Chris B
                        (Johannesburg, South Africa)

                        I do need to clean up on the webspace... Next release...

                        Thanks.

                        Here's a question for you.  You always release the zip with the same name which makes it hard to determine what version it really is.  Have you thought about possibly putting the build into the name?

                        Don

                        On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:40 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

                        I forgot to mention, there appears to have been a bug in the software that was creating the yearly section of the WUHU Extremes.INI.

                        Since this feature is not a year old yet, what you can do is copy all lines in the [Alltime Extremes] section and paste them over the lines in the [2010] section. Always use notepad to do this manually entry and always completely exit WUHU before doing so.

                        Message 12 of 27 , Dec 4, 2010

                          That was a bug that was introduced when I tried to clean up a section of code for Metric unit users.

                          The problem was corrected. Download the latest version.

                          Software Download:

                          Message 13 of 27 , Dec 4, 2010

                            Chris,

                            After more testing I realized that it was still broken.

                            It should be fixed now.

                            The .zip image was refreshed.

                            Please download and test.

                            Thanks.