B152 Release.

    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 29, 2010

      All,

      Here are the new features from the latest release.

      ---

      105) Added support for Weekly extremes in the WUHU Extremes.INI file.

      106) Added a method to retrieve values from the WUHU Extremes.INI file for use in template processing.

      There are 3 different types of sections in this file:

      1) All time extremes. This section is denoted by [AllTime Extremes] and never changes.

      2) Yearly extremes. This section is denoted by the Year number in brackets like [2010] for example.

      3) Weekly extremes. This section is denoted by the Year and the week number in the form of [2010_week_48] where 2010 is the year and the week is 48 out of a possible 53.

      Normally to use these variables, you would use a replacement string like this:

      Yearly High Temperature: %[2010]Outdoor Temperature High%

      This works however as the year changes, you would need to recode the [2010] to [2011].

      To simplify the task, there are 6 new replacement strings that you can use to simplify the template to automatically change based on the current time of the year:

      %Year%, %Month%, %Week%", %LastYear%, %LastMonth%, LastWeek%

      So to code the above example to automatically change with the year, you would write:

      Yearly High Temperature: %[%Year%]Outdoor Temperature High%

      Weekly sections require both the Year and the Week number. To do this, you would code:

      Weekly High Temperature: %[%Year%_week_%Week%]Outdoor Temperature High%

      Note that you cannot really make use of the %LastMonth% until you have accumulated a couple months of data in the extremes file. These sections were not created in previous version; you will just have to wait to make use of them.

      If someone was looking for a useful utility to code, you could scan through the history files and create these sections automatically so that they are available now based on your historical data. I doubt I will have time to do so.

      More examples:

      Weekly High Temperature: %[%Year%_week_%Week%]Outdoor Temperature High% @%[%Year%_week_%Week%]Outdoor Temperature High DateTime%

      Monthly High Temperature: %[%Year%_%Month%]Outdoor Temperature High% @%[%Year%_%Month%]Outdoor Temperature High DateTime%

         Year High Temperature: %[%Year%]Outdoor Temperature High% @%[%Year%]Outdoor Temperature High DateTime%

      AllTime High Temperature: %[AllTime Extremes]Outdoor Temperature High% @%[AllTime Extremes]Outdoor Temperature High DateTime%

      107) Added the ability to swap the vertical axis on the charts. To do this, double click the chart, select the Swap Axis button.

      ---

      Software Download:

      WUHU216_32.zip

      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 29, 2010
        I forgot to mention, there appears to have been a bug in the software that was creating the yearly section of the WUHU Extremes.INI.

        Since this feature is not a year old yet, what you can do is copy all lines in the [Alltime Extremes] section and paste them over the lines in the [2010] section. Always use notepad to do this manually entry and always completely exit WUHU before doing so.

        > All,
        >
        > Here are the new features from the latest release.
        >
        > ---
        >
        > 105) Added support for Weekly extremes in the WUHU Extremes.INI file.
        >
        > 106) Added a method to retrieve values from the WUHU Extremes.INI file
        > for use in template processing.
        >
        > There are 3 different types of sections in this file:
        >
        > 1) All time extremes. This section is denoted by [AllTime Extremes] and
        > never changes.
        >
        > 2) Yearly extremes. This section is denoted by the Year number in
        > brackets like [2010] for example.
        >
        > 3) Weekly extremes. This section is denoted by the Year and the week
        > number in the form of [2010_week_48] where 2010 is the year and the week
        > is 48 out of a possible 53.
        >
        > Normally to use these variables, you would use a replacement string like
        > this:
        >
        > Yearly High Temperature: %[2010]Outdoor Temperature High%
        >
        > This works however as the year changes, you would need to recode the
        > [2010] to [2011].
        >
        > To simplify the task, there are 6 new replacement strings that you can
        > use to simplify the template to automatically change based on the
        > current time of the year:
        >
        > %Year%, %Month%, %Week%", %LastYear%, %LastMonth%, LastWeek%
        >
        > So to code the above example to automatically change with the year, you
        > would write:
        >
        > Yearly High Temperature: %[%Year%]Outdoor Temperature High%
        >
        > Weekly sections require both the Year and the Week number. To do this,
        > you would code:
        >
        > Weekly High Temperature: %[%Year%_week_%Week%]Outdoor Temperature High%
        >
        > Note that you cannot really make use of the %LastMonth% until you have
        > accumulated a couple months of data in the extremes file. These sections
        > were not created in previous version; you will just have to wait to make
        > use of them.
        >
        > If someone was looking for a useful utility to code, you could scan
        > through the history files and create these sections automatically so
        > that they are available now based on your historical data. I doubt I
        > will have time to do so.
        >
        > More examples:
        >
        > Weekly High Temperature: %[%Year%_week_%Week%]Outdoor Temperature High%
        > @%[%Year%_week_%Week%]Outdoor Temperature High DateTime%
        >
        > Monthly High Temperature: %[%Year%_%Month%]Outdoor Temperature High%
        > @%[%Year%_%Month%]Outdoor Temperature High DateTime%
        >
        > Year High Temperature: %[%Year%]Outdoor Temperature High%
        > @%[%Year%]Outdoor Temperature High DateTime%
        >
        > AllTime High Temperature: %[AllTime Extremes]Outdoor Temperature High%
        > @%[AllTime Extremes]Outdoor Temperature High DateTime%
        >
        > 107) Added the ability to swap the vertical axis on the charts. To do
        > this, double click the chart, select the Swap Axis button.
        >
        > ---
        >
        > Software Download:
        >
        > WUHU216_32.zip
        > <http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/files/WUHU216_32.zip>

      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 29, 2010
          Excellent at usual Heath!

          Here's a question for you.  You always release the zip with the same name which makes it hard to determine what version it really is.  Have you thought about possibly putting the build into the name?

          Don

        • H. Smith
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 29, 2010

            I do need to clean up on the webspace... Next release...

            Thanks.

            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 29, 2010

              I found a bug on the swapping of the vertical axis for the rain chart.

              I have refreshed the image.

              ---

              Software Download:

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

              > I do need to clean up on the webspace... Next release...
              > Thanks.

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010

                Did anyone else in the group get this spam, i.e. they picked off email addresses.

                Subject: Weather Software Cyber Monday & Tuesday

                Our weather forecasting software F5Data Professional is available Cyber Monday & Cyber Tuesday at the lowest price ever... 55% off!
                View High Definition NEXRAD radar, multiple computer models with over 160 weather map types, watches & warnings, hurricane tracking, forecast tornadoes, auto-uploading & much more.

                Visit http://www.f5data.com/special/ for all the specifications, features and pricing.

                Regards,
                Andrew Revering
                Convective Development, Inc.
                http://www.convectivedevelopment.com/

                Unsubscribe

              • Rob Reab
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010

                  I got it.

                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010
                    Yep I was Lucky I got it twice!!!

                    Rick
                    KOHWAPAK1
                  • Ken
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010
                      Yeah, it showed up here too.
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010
                        I even downloaded the demo and tried it.

                        When I read his name, that rang a bell, he produced a useful document about various weather formulas. This document is available in the group under the files section.

                        I thought I could cut him some slack for the spam since it is weather related.

                        > Yeah, it showed up here too.

                      • Ken
                        Message 11 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010
                          I had a different take. The descriptions were rather obtuse. Some of it smacked of siphoning data from other sites. It looked like a collection of data gathers more than anything very original.

                          I could be wrong but the lack of information and screen shots means I'll pass for now. I think he'd be better known and not having to spam if he was offering a value.
                          Message 12 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010
                            I did install F5Data and played with it. I had a bit of a time trying to figure out how to zoom in and render but it does work. I never did figure out how to use the animation within the program but I am sure there is a way.

                            I do believe Andrew is legitimate as I have looked over his formulas in the past.

                            No big deal, I do not mind links that are useful and related.

                            > I had a different take. The descriptions were rather obtuse. Some of it smacked of siphoning data from other sites. It looked like a collection of data gathers more than anything very original.
                            >
                            > I could be wrong but the lack of information and screen shots means I'll pass for now. I think he'd be better known and not having to spam if he was offering a value.

                          • Bob Tyszka
                            Message 13 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010

                              I got it twice.

                              Bob Tyszka
                              California City, CA

                              On 11/30/10 9:45 AM, Rob Reab wrote:

                              I got it.

                              Did anyone else in the group get this spam, i.e. they picked off email addresses.

                              Our weather forecasting software F5Data Professional is available Cyber Monday & Cyber Tuesday at the lowest price ever... 55% off!

                              View High Definition NEXRAD radar, multiple computer models with over 160 weather map types, watches & warnings, hurricane tracking, forecast tornadoes, auto-uploading & much more.

                              Visit http://www.f5data.com/special/ for all the specifications, features and pricing.

                              Regards,

                              Andrew Revering

                              Convective Development, Inc.

                              http://www.convectivedevelopment.com/

                              Unsubscribe

                              --

                              Bob Tyszka
                              California City, CA
                              CW9012 / KCACALIF5

                              Click for California City, California Forecast

                            • Mike
                              Message 14 of 27 , Nov 30, 2010
                              Don't know if this is related to the current upgrade...

                              But I'm getting just a 0 (zero) on the Wind chart for the wind speed axis, i.e. the graph
                              is showing data but the axis only shows 0 (checking and unchecking automatic on the
                              axis makes no difference)

                              See pic attached.

                              -Mike

                              Message 15 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                                I found the problem and will upload when I can.

                                Apparently there is a problem with the Comcast FTP server.

                                Thanks

                                Message 16 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010

                                  Mike,

                                  Please download the latest refresh then swap the axis on the wind chart.

                                  That should fix the problem.

                                  Thanks

                                  ---

                                  Software Download:

                                  > I found the problem and will upload when I can.
                                  >
                                  > Apparently there is a problem with the Comcast FTP server.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks
                                  >
                                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" mike.a.p@ wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Don't know if this is related to the current upgrade...
                                  > >
                                  > > But I'm getting just a 0 (zero) on the Wind chart for the wind speed axis, i.e. the graph
                                  > > is showing data but the axis only shows 0 (checking and unchecking automatic on the
                                  > > axis makes no difference)
                                  > >
                                  > > See pic attached.
                                  > >
                                  > > -Mike
                                  > >

                                  > > > I found a bug on the swapping of the vertical axis for the rain
                                  > > > chart.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I have refreshed the image.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > ---
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Software Download:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > WUHU216_32.zip
                                  > > >

                                  > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith"

                                • Mike
                                  Message 17 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                                    Heath,
                                    Unfortunately this fix didn't address this problem - but poking around on the chart
                                    edit. I see that my axis increment was somehow set to 45, I set it to 1 and now the axis
                                    shows up, 0 - 11 - all good.

                                    Thanks,
                                    Mike

                                    Message 18 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                                      Mike,

                                      Yes that was the problem, the swap axis after the install of the latest version should have addressed that.

                                    • alrjr2001
                                      Message 19 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                                        Yep! I figure they harvested e-mails from here or another weather related site, just mark it as spam and move on:-)

                                        Arnold In The Smokies
                                        DW1121
                                      • Greggo
                                        Message 20 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                                          Here is my reply to his email/spam:

                                          From what I have read on a certain group that I belong to, we're all getting your email. It would have been better (and courteous) to ask permission before spamming a mailing list/email group.

                                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

                                          > Yep! I figure they harvested e-mails from here or another weather related site, just mark it as spam and move on:-)
                                          >
                                          > Arnold In The Smokies
                                          > DW1121

                                        • Mike
                                          Message 21 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                                            Heath,
                                            so now if I swap, I get RH axis wind speed: 0, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, etc, etc
                                            but if I put the wind speed on the LH axis I get: 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, etc, etc (no
                                            x.5s) (increment is set to 0.1 for both axis)

                                            -Mike

                                            Message 22 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                                              Ok fixed it; value format was set to 0.

                                              Message 23 of 27 , Dec 1, 2010
                                                Mike,

                                                So the swap axis did work to correct on it's own?

                                              • Chris D Baragwanath (G)
                                                Message 24 of 27 , Dec 4, 2010

                                                  Hi, The figure of 36.8 deg C in the Temperature "Next Hr" column caught my eye the other evening and wondered if this is correct ?

                                                  Kind Regards,

                                                  Chris B
                                                  (Johannesburg, South Africa)

                                                  Message 25 of 27 , Dec 4, 2010

                                                    That was a bug that was introduced when I tried to clean up a section of code for Metric unit users.

                                                    The problem was corrected. Download the latest version.

                                                    Software Download:

                                                    Message 26 of 27 , Dec 4, 2010

                                                      Chris,

                                                      After more testing I realized that it was still broken.

                                                      It should be fixed now.

                                                      The .zip image was refreshed.

                                                      Please download and test.

                                                      Thanks.