New version 1.0.5 uploads Metar Data.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2005
      Based on the description of Metar data given here:

      http://www.faa.gov/avr/afs/afs400/sec02.pdf

      I have created a new version (1.0.5) that will upload observed data
      to WU. There is a new button in on the main screen
      titled 'Observations'.

      After you make your observations, you must hit the 'Create Report'
      button for the corresponding section (Sky or Weather Conditions). The
      string that is display in the box will be the string sent to WU. If
      there is no string in the box, an empty field is sent to weather
      underground (for example if both strings are empty, it
      sends '&clouds=&weather=').

      In the http request, it uses the fields for &clouds and &weather in
      order to report this data. I am not certain how WU will interpret the
      data. Please give me some feedback if you are able to test it. Since
      I could find no information on the WU site, I cannot be certain of
      the format they expect (for instance, do they support elevation and
      cloud types (TCB and CB)?

      In order to keep the information timely, I erase these fields at the
      top of the hour. If you want to generate another report for that
      hour, you need to hit the "Create Report" button in the observation
      screen. According to the above Metar document, observations are to be
      observed at 45 mins after the hour and reported until the end of the
      hour. The program will report the observations you make from the time
      you enter them until the end of the hour.

      If you have any suggestions or have some testing feedback, please let
      me know.