Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Newbie trying to get 2812 Weather Data onto to Weather Underground site

  • Larry Myers
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 26, 2010
      Windows 7 uses a c:\users directory maybe that will help.

      Not sure though,
      Larry

      On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      That is really odd. Are you logged in as an administrator?

      I have never seen a Windows machine (Windows 2000 and beyond) that did not have a C:\Documents and Settings\ folder. Maybe others have seen something like that before.

      The HW Pro for the WS-28XX station installs a service that is what actually collects data from the station and writes the currdat.LST file.

      If you look in services, you should see one called Wv5Communication. Go to the services and make sure it is launching automatically. The actual binary file is C:\Program Files (x86)\HeavyWeatherWV5\BackEnd.exe.

      You might want to make sure that exists as well. This service is installed when you installed the HW Pro software. I am not sure if you need to be an administrator to install the service correctly or not.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "CarGuy" <diner1000@...> wrote:

      > Ive looked in the C drive every way I can think of and I can't find
      > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\. There doesn't
      > seem to be a Documents and Settings folder right off the C:drive. Also
      > when I try to search for currdat.lst it only seems to find the location
      > of the shortcut to Currdat. I have Windows Vista, would that have
      > anything to do with it?
      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Rob,
      > >
      > > See if it is in:
      > >
      > > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "CarGuy" diner1000@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,I just recently bought a La Crosse 2812 U-IT Weather Station from
      > > > Costco . I have it collecting data and have created a few graphs.
      > > > think it would be cool to try to put my data on Weather Undeground.
      > > > have been reading the WUHU online manual and have downloaded the
      > WUHU
      > > > software. I am having trouble knowing what to do now. It seems
      > like I
      > > > have to tell the WUHU software where the Currdat.lst file is located
      > on
      > > > my computer so that it can acess it and then send it on to the
      > weather
      > > > underground website. I have also joined the weather underground
      > site
      > > > and have a handle which I guess is the ID I need for getting my data
      > on
      > > > to that site. The thing Im running in to is that somewhere tonight
      > > > found that the location of the currdat.lst file is at C:\Program
      > > > Data\Microsoft\ Windows\Start
      > > > Menu\Programs\Accessories\Heavyweather|\currdat.lst , But when I
      > try to
      > > > browse to this location on the setup page of the WUHU program ,I
      > dont
      > > > find a Folder on my C drive called Program Data. Am I on the right
      > > > track here as far as getting my weather station data on the Weather
      > > > Underground site or am I getting into something rather complicated?
      > > > Thanks for any guidance you can give me . Rob

    • Don Lafferty
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 26, 2010
        Yeah what Larry said.  Vista is the same as Win 7.  They don't have the Documents and Settings folder anymore.

        Don

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 26, 2010
          Actually the giveaway there is he has a Program Data folder.  That started on Vista and is also on Win 7.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 26, 2010
            You are correct Larry.

            There is a C:\Users\<user>\My Documents\Heavyweather folder.

            Where <user> is your user name.

            See if it is in that folder, make sure HW is running and communicating with the station. I am not sure if it leaves the file on the HD if you stop the program.

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 26, 2010
              Rob,

              Try this,

              Manually enter the path and file in the Setup edit box that specifies the location of the currdat.lst.

              Enter:

              C:\ProgramData\currdat.lst

              Save the setup, press Start, wait a couple of mins to see if the data shows up in WUHU.