Re: Something Different - YoWindow - Animated METAR based screen saver.

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
      Thought I turned it off but I didn't...

      wapakweathercom Rick
      12:05|Temp: 50.3 °F|RMK Indr T 74.3 F|Indr H 38.0 %"|Hum: 82.0 %|Pres 29.99 "|Winds: W 1.2 MPH |GUST 3.9 MPH|INDEX: 50.3|24Hr Rain 0.02"

      Theres the current tweet!

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1

> [...]
      > > overcast - 8 octas - 100% cloud cover
      > > -
      > > NOTES:
      > > . "num" ......... replace with actual numbers from your PWS.
      > > . "[ a | b ]" ... choose one from the list and drop the brackets.
      > > -
      > > . The first value between the brackets is always the default.
      > > . Double dash for snow level means it's unknown and will be taken from METAR.
      > > . If you don't have enough information to choose the right item, don't include the tag.
      > > . In case your weather station does not provide a parameter, "clouds" for instance,
      > > just don't include the corresponding tag in the XML file.
      > > Youwindow will get it's info from the nearest METAR if tags are ommitted.
      > >

      > > This document was originally created by Rainer (http://www.bashewa.com);
      > > The original is [url=http://www.bashewa.com/yowindow-specs.xml]here[/url].
      > > -->
      > >
      > > <!-- Example
      > > If you want you may save the following XML to a file and test it inside YoWindow even without your station.
      > > -->
      > > <!--
      > > <response>
      > > <current_weather>
      > > <temperature>
      > > <current value="5"/>
      > > <feels_like value="8"/>
      > > </temperature>
      > > <humidity value="86"/>
      > > <pressure value="979"/>
      > > <visibility value="9" unit="km"/>
      > > <wind>
      > > <speed value="10.2" unit="kph"/>
      > > <direction value="220"/>
      > > </wind>
      > > <sky>
      > > <clouds value="partlyCloudy"/>
      > > <precipitation>
      > > <rain>
      > > <rate value="1"/>
      > > <daily_total value="10"/>
      > > </rain>
      > > <snow>
      > > <rate value = "0"/>
      > > <level value="1" unit="cm"/>
      > > </snow>
      > > </precipitation>
      > > <description value="Partly Cloudy"/>
      > > </sky>
      > > <uv value="14"/>
      > > <solar radiation="39" energy="88"/>
      > > </current_weather>
      > > </response>
      > > -->
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty <don@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Very interesting Heath. I'm wondering about an addon like WUHU_Tweet to
      > > > handle the conversion. Of course if you put it into WUHU itself it would be
      > > > the best solution but not sure you want to add that to your plate.
      > > >
      > > > I've got WUHU_Tweet downloading METAR data if the user so desires so I've at
      > > > least got that experience. I just ftp it from the weather service so you
      > > > don't have to update yourself.
      > > >
      > > > Don

      > > > --
      > > > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making

    • Don
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
        http://yowindow.com/help.html#q6

        "If some weather parameter is not provided by PWS, like precipitation or sky conditions, the corresponding parameter is taken from the closest METAR station."

        You're right Heath.

        Looks like it's just a matter of exporting the data into an XML file and pointing YoWindow to it.

        Don