Re: WUHU Forum

  • alrjr2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010
      Hi William - I tried to register on the new ProBoards forum and the "CAPTCHA" security image doesnt display on a Mac in either FireFox or Safari, is ProBoards not "Mac friendly"? I see several posts on ProBoards forum about CAPTCHA not functioning but the last post about that was 9/25/10. Please advise.

      Thanks!
      Arnold In The Smokies
      DW1121

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, William DePriest <wdepriest@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have created a forum for WUHU users to discuss the software, share their
      > websites, share their station setup and discuss the weather. Heath requests
      > that all technical questions or issues to still be sent to the Yahoo group,
      > but if you would like to ask more general questions to the community of
      > users or talk about other related topics, please feel free to do so. I felt
      > that separating out topics and posts would make searching a bit easier than
      > it is in the Yahoo Groups format.
      >
      > The forum is located at:
      > http://wuhu.proboards.com/<http://wuhu.proboards.com/index.cgi>
      >
      > Please check it out and feel free to add suggestions for more links or any
      > other changes that you feel would make it better!
      >
      > Thanks!
      > William

    • William DePriest
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010
        The CAPTCHA problem appears to be fixed.  Please try registering again and let me know if you have any more issues.

        Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

        William

        On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:25 AM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

        Hi William - I tried to register on the new ProBoards forum and the "CAPTCHA" security image doesnt display on a Mac in either FireFox or Safari, is ProBoards not "Mac friendly"? I see several posts on ProBoards forum about CAPTCHA not functioning but the last post about that was 9/25/10. Please advise.

        Thanks!
        Arnold In The Smokies
        DW1121

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, William DePriest <wdepriest@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have created a forum for WUHU users to discuss the software, share their
        > websites, share their station setup and discuss the weather. Heath requests
        > that all technical questions or issues to still be sent to the Yahoo group,
        > but if you would like to ask more general questions to the community of
        > users or talk about other related topics, please feel free to do so. I felt
        > that separating out topics and posts would make searching a bit easier than
        > it is in the Yahoo Groups format.
        >
        > The forum is located at:
        > http://wuhu.proboards.com/<http://wuhu.proboards.com/index.cgi>

        > Please check it out and feel free to add suggestions for more links or any
        > other changes that you feel would make it better!
        >
        > Thanks!
        > William

      • alrjr2001
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010
          Hi William - Man youre quick:-) It works fine now, all registered & good to go!

          Thanks Again
          Arnold In The Smokies
          DW1121

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, William DePriest <wdepriest@...> wrote:

          > The CAPTCHA problem appears to be fixed. Please try registering again and
          > let me know if you have any more issues.
          >
          > Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!
          >
          > William
          >
          > On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:25 AM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hi William - I tried to register on the new ProBoards forum and the
          > > "CAPTCHA" security image doesnt display on a Mac in either FireFox or
          > > Safari, is ProBoards not "Mac friendly"? I see several posts on ProBoards
          > > forum about CAPTCHA not functioning but the last post about that was
          > > 9/25/10. Please advise.
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > > Arnold In The Smokies
          > > DW1121
          > >

          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > > William DePriest <wdepriest@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi All,
          > > >
          > > > I have created a forum for WUHU users to discuss the software, share
          > > their
          > > > websites, share their station setup and discuss the weather. Heath
          > > requests
          > > > that all technical questions or issues to still be sent to the Yahoo
          > > group,
          > > > but if you would like to ask more general questions to the community of
          > > > users or talk about other related topics, please feel free to do so. I
          > > felt
          > > > that separating out topics and posts would make searching a bit easier
          > > than
          > > > it is in the Yahoo Groups format.
          > > >
          > > > The forum is located at:
          > > > http://wuhu.proboards.com/<http://wuhu.proboards.com/index.cgi>
          > >

          > > > Please check it out and feel free to add suggestions for more links or
          > > any
          > > > other changes that you feel would make it better!
          > > >
          > > > Thanks!
          > > > William

        • William DePriest
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2010
            I just wanted to thank everyone who has signed up for the forum as well as those who plan to!

            My hope is that the forum will provide a way for users to move away from the Yahoo Groups messaging for all comments other than the "hey I found a bug" or "hey I have a specific issue with the software" type.

            Using this Yahoo Group solely for those types of messages will make it easier to search and find the messages that pertain to technical issues with the software.  My hope is that if we reduce the amount of posts in the group, searches won't time out as often as well.

            Using the message board for general questions, to discuss other software, to discuss the weather and share your websites or off topic thoughts, etc. will greatly reduce the amount of email traffic we receive from this Yahoo Group and it will also allow this service to function in a "technical issue/software updates" way.  This will make searching the group easier, while also providing a clearer way to view other discussions on the forum that are currently a bit tough to follow through email responses.

            I hope you find the forum useful and don't be shy about starting a topic!  I created it for all of us to use and to use in a way that we see fit.  I know there are other weather forums out there, but this is the only one dedicated solely to the users of WUHU!

            Thanks again for signing up!

            William (marylandwx)

            On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:48 AM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

            Hi William - Man youre quick:-) It works fine now, all registered & good to go!

            Thanks Again

            Arnold In The Smokies
            DW1121

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, William DePriest <wdepriest@...> wrote:

            > The CAPTCHA problem appears to be fixed. Please try registering again and
            > let me know if you have any more issues.
            >
            > Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!
            >
            > William
            >
            > On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:25 AM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Hi William - I tried to register on the new ProBoards forum and the
            > > "CAPTCHA" security image doesnt display on a Mac in either FireFox or
            > > Safari, is ProBoards not "Mac friendly"? I see several posts on ProBoards
            > > forum about CAPTCHA not functioning but the last post about that was
            > > 9/25/10. Please advise.
            > >
            > > Thanks!
            > > Arnold In The Smokies
            > > DW1121
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

            > > William DePriest <wdepriest@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi All,
            > > >
            > > > I have created a forum for WUHU users to discuss the software, share
            > > their
            > > > websites, share their station setup and discuss the weather. Heath
            > > requests
            > > > that all technical questions or issues to still be sent to the Yahoo
            > > group,
            > > > but if you would like to ask more general questions to the community of
            > > > users or talk about other related topics, please feel free to do so. I
            > > felt
            > > > that separating out topics and posts would make searching a bit easier
            > > than
            > > > it is in the Yahoo Groups format.
            > > >
            > > > The forum is located at:
            > > > http://wuhu.proboards.com/<http://wuhu.proboards.com/index.cgi>
            > >

            > > > Please check it out and feel free to add suggestions for more links or
            > > any
            > > > other changes that you feel would make it better!
            > > >
            > > > Thanks!
            > > > William

          • William DePriest
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2010
              To try and get things started over on the forum, I have created a thread for people to post their station setups.  I thought this would be a neat way to have everyone get an idea of how each of us have mounted our stations and how we use WUHU, etc.  I know when I first set mine up, I searched all over to get ideas on how people mounted their sensors!

              Head on over and check out my setup and post your own!

              -William