Re: No Data Uploading (Sporadic)

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2010
      First we need to determine if the uploads are indeed happening. If you are running the latest WUHU software, hold the mouse cursor over the edit box that has the label "Updates" on the main screen. You will see two numbers associated with the Weather Underground uploads. Post those numbers here.

      It may be that your station is working just fine and this is really a Weather Underground display issue.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

      > P.S. The uploader page shows that uploads are happening when these problems occur.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well there appears to still some technical difficulty occuring. I posted
      > > a thread a while ago regarding my WS-2310 not receiving data from my console. It was determined that a nearby electrical storm fried my USB-to-serial adaptor and my RS-232 cable from the console to the adaptor.
      > > Since receiving and installing the new components all was well, at least as far as receiving data from the console is concerned. Now another issue which may relate to the original electrical storm? Data transfers go well for a period of time, sometimes a couple of days or only 2 or 3 hours, then when I go onto my weather page I either see that no data has been received for 58 minutes or more or the letters NaN are there. This is located where the time period is located for the rapid fire. There doesn't seem to any rhyme or reason for when this occurs that I can ascertain. I've reloaded WUHU and the computers OS, thinking that one of them may have been corrupted, to no avail.
      > > Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

    • drifter17536
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2010
        I am not running the most recent version of WUHU. I am running 216_32, at least that's what the zip file was called. I tried running the latest version and was having problems with it. I have Windows 7 as my OS. Anyway the upload box on my screen continues to show the numbers advancing as though uploads are happennig. When I go to my weather page at WUHU though they're not getting there. Like I mentined this a sporadic event. It has now been 2 days since it happened?

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2010
          You mean the Weather Ground uploads appear to be working but your history page on Weather Underground is not working?

          What is your WU ID?

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2010
            Yes The upload count on my WUHU uploading screen continues to count up indicating that uploads are occuring. However when I go to my history page it shows that no updates have occured in x amount of minutes or Nan is there. Like I mentioned this is a sporadic thing and has not occured in the last 3 days now. Perhaps reloading the OS solved the problem. I guess only time will tell. My ID is KMEWHITI2.

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2010
              If the uploads are successful, this might be a minor issue at the server. Keep an eye on it. If it happens with some regularity we can report this to WU tech support.

              Also, try flushing your browser cache. Browsers can become confused if they are caching old information and not flushing the cache now and then.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

              > Yes The upload count on my WUHU uploading screen continues to count up indicating that uploads are occuring. However when I go to my history page it shows that no updates have occured in x amount of minutes or Nan is there. Like I mentioned this is a sporadic thing and has not occured in the last 3 days now. Perhaps reloading the OS solved the problem. I guess only time will tell. My ID is KMEWHITI2.

              > > You mean the Weather Ground uploads appear to be working but your history page on Weather Underground is not working?
              > >
              > > What is your WU ID?
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I am not running the most recent version of WUHU. I am running 216_32, at least that's what the zip file was called. I tried running the latest version and was having problems with it. I have Windows 7 as my OS. Anyway the upload box on my screen continues to show the numbers advancing as though uploads are happennig. When I go to my weather page at WUHU though they're not getting there. Like I mentined this a sporadic event. It has now been 2 days since it happened?

            • Karl Kingston
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2010
                On Sat, 2 Oct 2010, drifter17536 wrote:

                > Well there appears to still some technical difficulty occuring. I posted
                > a thread a while ago regarding my WS-2310 not receiving data from my
                > console. It was determined that a nearby electrical storm fried my
                > USB-to-serial adaptor and my RS-232 cable from the console to the
                > adaptor. Since receiving and installing the new components all was well,
                > at least as far as receiving data from the console is concerned. Now
                > another issue which may relate to the original electrical storm? Data
                > transfers go well for a period of time, sometimes a couple of days or
                > only 2 or 3 hours, then when I go onto my weather page I either see that
                > no data has been received for 58 minutes or more or the letters NaN are
                > there. This is located where the time period is located for the rapid
                > fire. There doesn't seem to any rhyme or reason for when this occurs
                > that I can ascertain. I've reloaded WUHU and the computers OS, thinking
                > that one of them may have been corrupted, to no avail. Any ideas what
                > could be causing this problem?

                Is this similar to where the console shows something on the display but
                nothing gets updated?

                I had this problem with a USB Serial device and it was giving me fits.
                Decided to get the ioGear device from newegg, and all of my problems
                disappeared. (the original was a Prolific device).