Re: Wind Speed/Gusts

  • repellr
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
      I do see the wind speed block in the currdat file. Here are the current contents. I think you are right that the file is being written to every minute:

      [wind_speed]
      mps="0.8"
      kmh="2.9"
      mph="1.8"
      knt="1.6"
      bft="1"

      Thanks again,

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
        Yes, that is the block of data that we are interested in.

        The next time you have some healthy winds, take a look in there and see what HW Pro is generating.

        Ideally, they would have created a new section for [wind_gust] that would give the highest gust speeds over the past 10 minutes. You could try to contact La Crosse and have them add it, but I am doubtful about any request for changes to their software.

        They may be performing averaging on the wind speeds as you have shown, or it may be the last sample before the file was written, it is hard to say.