WUHU feed to WeatherLink?

  • nlweather
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
      Station: Davis wireless WM II

      Because of the ongoing problem with WeatherLink freezing up almost daily upon uploading to CWOP, can I upload with WUHU and also feed WeathLink?

      We need to keep WeatherLink's weather bullitin window with the guages open for educational public display on a computer monitor.
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
        You can run VirtualVP ($30) that will allow any number of software packages to communicate with the station simultaneously.

        That is probably your best option.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
          Sorry, I did not read your post carefully...

          I believe VirtualVP works only with the VP2 consoles.

          You could just show the WUHU gauges or charts instead of the Weatherlink screen.

        • cookevilleweatherguy@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
            Will it work for Davis Vantage Vue owners, too?

            From: "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@...>
            Sender: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:17:20 -0000
            To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WUHU feed to WeatherLink?

            You can run VirtualVP ($30) that will allow any number of software packages to communicate with the station simultaneously.

            That is probably your best option.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "nlweather" <cowbuck@...> wrote:

            > Station: Davis wireless WM II
            >
            > Because of the ongoing problem with WeatherLink freezing up almost daily upon uploading to CWOP, can I upload with WUHU and also feed WeathLink?
            >
            > We need to keep WeatherLink's weather bullitin window with the guages open for educational public display on a computer monitor.

          • H. Smith
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010

              You might verify with the author if VirtualVP. I would guess that it should work as I am using the same calls to talk to the console (VP2 and Vue).

              Will it work for Davis Vantage Vue owners, too?

              From: "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@...>
              Sender: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:17:20 -0000
              To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
                Thanks for the answer sir! I will follow your advice and check with him.

                -Michael

                From: "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@...>
                Sender: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:17:45 -0700 (PDT)
                To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>

                From: "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@...>
                Sender: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:17:20 -0000
                To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
                  I am now looking at VPLive, but not sure if it is WMII compatible.

                  VPLive web page: http://www.softwx.com/weather/vplive.html

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
                    VPLive is not compatable with WMII (Only VP 1&2). It would however accomplish what I was needing to do if it worked with WMII.

                    Any chance the WUHU developer could add to WUHU the ability to send weather data to WeatherLink for WMII???

                    Thanks.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 11, 2010
                      Unfortunately there is no easy way to pipe data from one application to another in order to share a device. The complexity of such an effort would be equal to that to create Virtual VP itself.

                      If there were more of a market for such a thing I would possibly consider it however the WM IIs out there do not comprise much of a market.