Re: WMR968 Question

  • gyposaurus
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2010
      I have never seen WMR968 described as different versions. Can you give a web site for these? As far as I know all WMR 968 have serial access to a computer.

      > Does anyone know what the difference between a WMR968 base unit and the "Internet Version", or for that matter the "pro version"
      > I am helping out a local school and am nw confused.
      > I bought one a couple years ago for another school and do not remember having these options.
      > Thanks, Steve

    • KNHBRIST1
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2010
        http://www.ambientweather.com/wmorscwiprwe.html
        It looks like it is all software that is the difference. I will get the base unit as long as it still has the serial access.
        Steve

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "gyposaurus" <marcelhatesmail@...> wrote:

        > I have never seen WMR968 described as different versions. Can you give a web site for these? As far as I know all WMR 968 have serial access to a computer.
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Does anyone know what the difference between a WMR968 base unit and the "Internet Version", or for that matter the "pro version"
        > > I am helping out a local school and am nw confused.
        > > I bought one a couple years ago for another school and do not remember having these options.
        > > Thanks, Steve

      • Ed Cifelli
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2010
          I bought one several years ago that has the name John Deere on it and is the John Deere green color, but it is still a WMR968 and the parts are interchangeable. The only time I hears of something close to what is described is when I got one from Radio Shack and when I had a problem with it OS sent me a display and then they realized they sent me the wrong one as the way the RS unit talked to the display was different that the OS unit, even though they were supposed to be the same.

          EdC

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2010
            The "internet version" and the "pro" version sounds like VWS software, not the 968.

            Greg Whitehead
            Euchee, TN
            CWOP:  DW0148
            WMR968/WS-2315/VP2