Re: [wuhu_software_group] Trouble shooting help

  • William DePriest
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25, 2010
      I have gotten these errors as well and the fix for me was to abort the reading in of the history.  It almost seems as though there is a corrupt data file in the history that if you abort the reading in of the file it skips over it and starts working correctly.

      On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:53 AM, ronw72 <1rondee@...> wrote:

      I have been receiving at lot of failures lately and I'm trying to trouble shoot the cause.

      I think this is the first time I have ever received this error message in my logs;

      Tue Aug 24 09:29:13 2010 > Could not verify console clock.
      Tue Aug 24 09:29:13 2010 > Cannot retrieve console history because the PC clock and console clock are too far out of sync.
      Tue Aug 24 09:29:13 2010 > Console history was not read completely. 0 records were collected. 0 records were stored. 0 records were uploaded to Weather Underground, 0 records were uploaded to PWSWeather, 0 records were uploaded to WeatherBug.

      I checked the console and sure enough the console had reverted to the default time and date. This must have happened during a violent lighting storm we had at just about the same time.

      After getting the clock reset I continued getting these;

      Tue Aug 24 14:12:53 2010 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.
      Tue Aug 24 14:12:53 2010 > Detected consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
      Tue Aug 24 14:13:03 2010 > Attempting to re-open port COM4.

      After several reboots the system settled down and ran all night without problems.

      The things I have eliminated so far are: the keyspan adapter, updated drivers and software, the telephone surge protector, the wireless operation of the console.

      I have a spare outdoor unit and a spare console I could try but don't know if the would eliminate anything or not. What do you think?

      Thanks,

      Ron

    • ronw72
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2010
        Sorry,

        I should have posted a little more information. The sation is a La Crosse 2310WC.

        Here is an interesting find: 0 records were uploaded to WeatherBug.

        I don't believe I have ever noticed this before?? Why would I be uploading information to WeatherBug?

        Ron
      • kevbert002_5
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 25, 2010
          Have you tried a hard reset ? Hold down the wind and pressure keys for 10 seconds so that the Console returns to factory defaults. Also check all your connections. Are you using a serial to USB adapter ? Are you running wired or wireless sensors ?