WS2316

  • David
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2010
      Have been running the 2316 for a while now. moved to a new location and can't get the sensor to connect WIRED to the console. Wireless works fine. Wired worked before. Have replaced the wind sensor cable with CAT5 to get rid of bad readings. Tried the original and CAT5 cable to hook sensor to console with no luck. As soon as I connect the cable it stops getting data. Does not matter if I hold the plus sign until it beeps or not (that's what you are supposed to do to get it to connect.)

      Any ideas?
    • Douglas Davis
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 18, 2010
        Try replacing the batteries, in both the sensor and the basestation..

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 18, 2010
          Batteries are new in both, good alkaline ones too. Got me stumped.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Davis <electrix_blue@...> wrote:

          > Try replacing the batteries, in both the sensor and the basestation..
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Douglas Davis
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 18, 2010
            Yeah David, I got the 2316U as well, seems if you ever unplug the unit from the base station or it's power source, you have to completely reset the base station and sensor.  I had the same issue, when I moved as well, contacted Lacrosse, and they said,
            • you have to first unplug all the wires from the outside sensor,
            • then  remove the batteries from both the sensor and the base station,
            • wait for about 1 minute or so then replace the batteries.
            • Then  reset the base station to Factory Defaults, by simultaneously press and hold the PRESSURE and WIND keys for 10 seconds.
            • Then reenter the correct time, date and other settings for your base station.
            You may have to in addition Press the PLUS(+) key for 2 seconds and a short beep will sound to sync the base station to the sensor. ( I had to do this to get the two units to talk to each other, after completing the above steps..and it worked great.)

            Doug

            Batteries are new in both, good alkaline ones too. Got me stumped.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Davis <electrix_blue@...> wrote:

            > Try replacing the batteries, in both the sensor and the basestation..
            >
            > ________________________________

          • David
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 19, 2010
              Thanks for the info. I did a "reset" a couple of times by just removing the batteries and waiting for a bit to put them back in but that sounds like more of a "hard boot" if you will. I will definitely try the process you described on the weekend when I get back home.

              Cheers

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Davis <electrix_blue@...> wrote:

              > Yeah David, I got the 2316U as well, seems if you ever unplug the unit from the
              > base station or it's power source, you have to completely reset the base station
              > and sensor. I had the same issue, when I moved as well, contacted Lacrosse, and
              > they said,
              >
              > * you have to first unplug all the wires from the outside sensor,
              > * then remove the batteries from both the sensor and the base station,
              > * wait for about 1 minute or so then replace the batteries.
              > * Then reset the base station to Factory Defaults, by simultaneously press and
              > hold the PRESSURE and WIND keys for 10 seconds.
              > * Then reenter the correct time, date and other settings for your base
              > station. You may have to in addition Press the PLUS(+) key for 2 seconds and a
              > short beep will sound to sync the base station to the sensor. ( I had to do this
              > to get the two units to talk to each other, after completing the above
              > steps..and it worked great.)
              >
              > Doug
              >

              > ________________________________

            • David
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2010
                Still nothing!

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David" <davidmc36@...> wrote:

                > Thanks for the info. I did a "reset" a couple of times by just removing the batteries and waiting for a bit to put them back in but that sounds like more of a "hard boot" if you will. I will definitely try the process you described on the weekend when I get back home.
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Davis <electrix_blue@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yeah David, I got the 2316U as well, seems if you ever unplug the unit from the
                > > base station or it's power source, you have to completely reset the base station
                > > and sensor. I had the same issue, when I moved as well, contacted Lacrosse, and
                > > they said,
                > >
                > > * you have to first unplug all the wires from the outside sensor,
                > > * then remove the batteries from both the sensor and the base station,
                > > * wait for about 1 minute or so then replace the batteries.
                > > * Then reset the base station to Factory Defaults, by simultaneously press and
                > > hold the PRESSURE and WIND keys for 10 seconds.
                > > * Then reenter the correct time, date and other settings for your base
                > > station. You may have to in addition Press the PLUS(+) key for 2 seconds and a
                > > short beep will sound to sync the base station to the sensor. ( I had to do this
                > > to get the two units to talk to each other, after completing the above
                > > steps..and it worked great.)
                > >
                > > Doug

              • KNHBRIST1
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 6, 2010
                  I know this may sound too simple, but I had it happen to me before on a phone line. The wire connectors on the end of the plug got bent and one was overlapping and touching the other. To this day I have no clue how it happened as I just unplugged it and re-connected it later.
                  Steve