Re: Rain Gauge Under-reports

  • alrjr2001
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14 7:43 AM
      Like someone else suggested the only real way to verify would be to place a standard accurate (like the CoCo RaHS unit) next to the other rain gauge & compare. My LaCrosse seems to under report to me as verified by my cheap standard rain gauge a few feet away. I've cleaned mine & it didnt help, it seems to ony count every other tip of the bucket, likely the reed switch. I need to re-do my whole mast to clean up the wiring so I'll fix or replace it then. Today I need to replace the computer hooked to the LaCrosse as the ancient Compaq laptop finally gave up the ghost after running 24/7 for so long (it was well used before I acquired it as well):-)

      Arnold In The Smokies
      DW1121