Davis VantageVue

  • jefcled
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
      How do I get my Davis VantageVue to upload to WUHU? Also would like to have the new unit replace my La Crosse that uploads to CWOP.
      Thanks Jeff Le Doux
      KMEWILTO1
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2010
        You would hit Stop, change the station type in the general settings, select the Davis VP2 type, select the serial port, and hit Start.

        If you are using a USB connection, there will be a new port (a virtual port) that is usually COM7. If COM7 does not work, go to the Device Manager in Windows and view the available serial ports (when the station is connected).

        You probably cannot run the Weatherlink and WUHU software together unless you buy the program VirtualVP that will allow you to do so.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jefcled" <jefcled@...> wrote:

        > How do I get my Davis VantageVue to upload to WUHU? Also would like to have the new unit replace my La Crosse that uploads to CWOP.
        > Thanks Jeff Le Doux
        > KMEWILTO1

      • Jeffrey C. Le Doux
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 6, 2010
          Eric,
          I know I am challenged, but this is driving me foolish.  The station is connected to this computer.  Do you have a name for the software module to be downloaded from wunderground?  I am just confused.

          You would hit Stop, change the station type in the general settings, select the Davis VP2 type, select the serial port, and hit Start.

          If you are using a USB connection, there will be a new port (a virtual port) that is usually COM7. If COM7 does not work, go to the Device Manager in Windows and view the available serial ports (when the station is connected).

          You probably cannot run the Weatherlink and WUHU software together unless you buy the program VirtualVP that will allow you to do so.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jefcled" <jefcled@...> wrote:

          > How do I get my Davis
          VantageVue to upload to WUHU? Also would like to have the new unit replace my La Crosse that uploads to CWOP.
          > Thanks Jeff Le Doux

          KMEWILTO1

        • Jaye Ellen
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 6, 2010
            Jeff,

            To download the only location that has WUHU software, is from http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/  and can be found around a page down or two on the page.  This location will download the latest version of the WUHU software and, once installed, things OUGHT to become self-evident.  At least I hope ...  here's the Download site:  http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/files/WUHU216_32.zip

            I sure hope this helps to clarify the situation!

            Jaye Ellen, KTNGALLA2

            On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Jeffrey C. Le Doux <jefcled@...> wrote:

            Eric,
            I know I am challenged, but this is driving me foolish.  The station is connected to this computer.  Do you have a name for the software module to be downloaded from wunderground?  I am just confused.

            You would hit Stop, change the station type in the general settings, select the Davis VP2 type, select the serial port, and hit Start.

            If you are using a USB connection, there will be a new port (a virtual port) that is usually COM7. If COM7 does not work, go to the Device Manager in Windows and view the available serial ports (when the station is connected).

            You probably cannot run the Weatherlink and WUHU software together unless you buy the program VirtualVP that will allow you to do so.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jefcled" <jefcled@...> wrote:

            > How do I get my Davis VantageVue to upload to WUHU? Also would like to have the new unit replace my La Crosse that uploads to CWOP.
            > Thanks Jeff Le Doux
            > KMEWILTO1

          • Jeffrey C. Le Doux
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 8, 2010
              Jaye Ellen,
              I am still confused.  I have downloaded the WUHU software, I have my data logger, I have downloaded VirtualVP and a couple of others.  I can see the station on my computer, at which point I would have expected it to become intuitive.  Somehow my USB catalogger is still not properly visible.  I guess I am just easily confused.  I have printed off the directions from Davis, and they have not even helped.  I feel I am bound to be forever confused unless someone can come up with the right step by step directions that this old man can finally follow.
              Thanks for trying,
              Jeff L
              KMEWILTO1

              You would hit Stop, change the station type in the general settings, select the Davis VP2 type, select the serial port, and hit Start.

              If you are using a USB connection, there will be a new port (a virtual port) that is usually COM7. If COM7 does not work, go to the Device Manager in Windows and view the available serial ports (when the station is connected).

              You probably cannot run the Weatherlink and WUHU software together unless you buy the program VirtualVP that will allow you to do so.

              --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "jefcled" <jefcled@...> wrote:

              > How do I get my Davis VantageVue to upload to WUHU? Also would like to have the new unit replace my La Crosse that uploads to CWOP.
              > Thanks Jeff Le Doux
              > KMEWILTO1

            • utahweatherbear
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 8, 2010
                so do you just need the vantage vue and the datalogger to upload to the world via WUHU, or do you need to spend even more money on weatherlink software too?

                db

              • cookevilleweatherguy@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 8, 2010
                  WL is included with the Datalogger or is it vice-versa?

                  From: "utahweatherbear" <utahweatherbear@...>
                  Sender: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 01:36:14 -0000
                  To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
                  ReplyTo: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com

                  so do you just need the vantage vue and the datalogger to upload to the world via WUHU, or do you need to spend even more money on weatherlink software too?

                  db

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey C. Le Doux" <jefcled@...> wrote:

                  > Jaye Ellen,
                  > I am still confused. I have downloaded the WUHU software, I have my data
                  > logger, I have downloaded VirtualVP and a couple of others. I can see the
                  > station on my computer, at which point I would have expected it to become
                  > intuitive. Somehow my USB catalogger is still not properly visible. I
                  > guess I am just easily confused. I have printed off the directions from
                  > Davis, and they have not even helped. I feel I am bound to be forever
                  > confused unless someone can come up with the right step by step directions
                  > that this old man can finally follow.
                  > Thanks for trying,
                  > Jeff L
                  > KMEWILTO1
                  >
                  > _____

                • utahweatherbear
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 8, 2010
                    ahh...so weatherlink software comes with the datalogger? gotcha. thanx!

                    so you can't run wuhu at same time as weatherlink? as long as it and the datalogger are installed hoping wuhu will work with vue just like it does with lacrosse without running heavy weather?

                    db

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, cookevilleweatherguy@... wrote:

                    > WL is included with the Datalogger or is it vice-versa?

                  • Shawn Parker
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 8, 2010
                      You can if you get Virtual VP a COM port forwarder.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 9, 2010
                        Jeffrey,

                        What the Davis software does (assuming you have installed the Weatherlink software) is to create a "virtual" serial port on your machine when you plug in the USB data logger.

                        If you have a real serial port (or two) on the machine, they show up as COM1, COM2, etc. When Davis creates a virtual serial port, this shows up as COM7 (as I recall).

                        Setting up Virtual VP is a bit more complicated but without the use of Virtual VP, only one program can communicate with the station at a time.

                        What I would do is firstly identify the COM number associated with this virtual port as the first step. To do this, follow these steps.

                        1) Stop Weatherlink software if running.
                        2) Run WUHU.
                        3) Hit the Stop button.
                        4) In General section, set the station type to Davis VP2.
                        5) To the right, select COM7.
                        6) Hit Start.
                        7) If after a few seconds, the port does not show up, go back to step 1 and select a different port. Ideally you could go to the device manager and determine what port # to use directly.

                        If the data shows up in WUHU, that means that you do indeed have a COM7 virtual serial port.

                        Next, if you want to set up Virtual VP, you would close out WUHU and Weatherlink, configure it to use COM7 (if that is indeed the virtual port). Once you have Virtual VP communicating, it will then create higher number ports like COM13, COM14. You would then configure WUHU and Weatherlink to use those higher port numbers created by Virtual VP. Each weather application will have its COM port. For example WUHU might use COM13, Weatherlink might use COM14. You will have to read the Virtual VP documentation to determine the port #s that it creates. I believe you can change them if you wish.

                      • Jeffrey C. Le Doux
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 9, 2010
                          I have the WeatherLink software, and I guess that is supposed to make it easier.  Not so.
                          Jeff

                          so do you just need the vantage vue and the datalogger to upload to the world via WUHU, or do you need to spend even more money on weatherlink software too?

                          db

                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey C. Le Doux" <jefcled@...> wrote:

                          > Jaye
                          Ellen,
                          > I am still confused. I have downloaded the WUHU software, I have
                          my data
                          > logger, I have downloaded VirtualVP and a couple of others. I
                          can see the
                          > station on my computer, at which point I would have expected
                          it to become
                          > intuitive. Somehow my USB catalogger is still not properly
                          visible. I
                          > guess I am just easily confused. I have printed off the
                          directions from
                          > Davis, and they have not even helped. I feel I am bound
                          to be forever
                          > confused unless someone can come up with the right step by
                          step directions
                          > that this old man can finally follow.
                          > Thanks
                          for trying,

                          href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com

                          href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com> group@yahoogroups.com] On

                          To: wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>

                          group@yahoogroups.com

                          href="mailto:group%40yahoogroups.com">group@yahoogroups.com, "jefcled" <jefcled@> wrote:

                          > > How do I get my Davis
                          VantageVue to upload to WUHU? Also would like to
                          > have the new unit
                          replace my La Crosse that uploads to CWOP.
                          > > Thanks Jeff Le
                          Doux
                          > > KMEWILTO1

                        • Jeffrey C. Le Doux
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 9, 2010
                            WeatherLink is included with the datalogger

                            WL is included with the Datalogger or is it vice-versa?

                            From: "utahweatherbear" <utahweatherbear@ yahoo.com>
                            Sender: wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
                            Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 01:36:14 -0000
                            To: <wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>
                            ReplyTo: wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com

                            so do you just need the vantage vue and the datalogger to upload to the world via WUHU, or do you need to spend even more money on weatherlink software too?

                            db

                            --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Jeffrey C. Le Doux" <jefcled@...> wrote:

                            > Jaye
                            Ellen,
                            > I am still confused. I have downloaded the WUHU software, I have
                            my data
                            > logger, I have downloaded VirtualVP and a couple of others. I
                            can see the
                            > station on my computer, at which point I would have expected
                            it to become
                            > intuitive. Somehow my USB catalogger is still not properly
                            visible. I
                            > guess I am just easily confused. I have printed off the
                            directions from
                            > Davis, and they have not even helped. I feel I am bound
                            to be forever
                            > confused unless someone can come up with the right step by
                            step directions
                            > that this old man can finally follow.
                            > Thanks
                            for trying,

                            href="http://home.">http://home.

                            online.net> wrote:

                            > Eric,
                            > I know I am challenged, but this is driving me foolish.
                            The station is
                            > connected to this computer. Do you have a name for the
                            software module to
                            > be downloaded from wunderground? I am just
                            confused.

                            > _____
                            >
                            > From: wuhu_software_
                            <mailto:wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>