Re: TE923 Setup

  • jemill627
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 13 7:15 AM
      It's on the local drive. I even tried moving it to the wuhu directory.  I did use the browse to select the file and hit start.  I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  I must be doing something wrong, frustrating!  I'm usually pretty good at troubleshooting this kind of thing.  I really want to use this software!

      Thanks for any additional suggestions!

      > The file can be located anywhere as long as it is on the local hard drive (not a mapped network drive for example).
      >
      > Did you manually enter the path to the file or did you hit the browse button to select the file? It is best to browse for it rather than manually as it is easy to enter a double space for example.
      >
      > Did you hit the Start button after configuring WUHU?
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jemill627" ifly34@ wrote:
      > >
      > > That's one of the things I checked early on. The file is being updated and the path/filename is set correctly in the General Settings section.. The file is in a subdirectory of the capture software, not a wuhu subdirectory. Would that make a difference?
      > >
      > > Thanks again!

      > > > Have you verified the location of records.txt on your hard drive and whether or not the file is being updated?
      > > >
      > > > Perform a search of your entire hard drive, once you locate the records.txt, check the "last modified" date associated with the file. As I recall it should update about once per minute (although it could be as high as 5 mins, I cannot recall).
      > > >
      > > > If you still have problems, let us know.

    • Chuck
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 13 9:32 AM
        I have a TE923 also.

        You need to have Weather Capture Advance running. Leave the Record.txt file where Weather Capture Advance creates it. Weather Capture Advance needs to update the file and will look for it in it's directory. Then, in WUHU, Browse to the Weather Capture Advance directory for record.txt.

        --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@ ...> wrote:

        > The file can be located anywhere as long as it is on the local hard drive (not a mapped network drive for example).
        >
        > Did you manually enter the path to the file or did you hit the browse button to select the file? It is best to browse for it rather than manually as it is easy to enter a double space for example.
        >
        > Did you hit the Start button after configuring WUHU?
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "jemill627" ifly34@ wrote:
        > >
        > > That's one of the things I checked early on. The file is being updated and the path/filename is set correctly in the General Settings section.. The file is in a subdirectory of the capture software, not a wuhu subdirectory. Would that make a difference?
        > >
        > > Thanks again!
        > >
        > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Have you verified the location of records.txt on your hard drive and whether or not the file is being updated?
        > > >
        > > > Perform a search of your entire hard drive, once you locate the records.txt, check the "last modified" date associated with the file. As I recall it should update about once per minute (although it could be as high as 5 mins, I cannot recall).
        > > >
        > > > If you still have problems, let us know.

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 15 9:52 AM
          Still no joy. My next thought is that it's because I'm running Windows 7. I noticed that the Records files (both txt & xls) are shown as compatibility files(?) and appear to be hidden. I can view them in explorer by clicking the Compatibility Files button, but they still don't seem like normal files. I don't have a PC running XP to compare it to.

          Everything else seems to be right. The file is updating, saving to the local drive and populated, the path is correct, Weather Capture Advance is running and displaying the correct data and WeatherView 32 is working (for the most part) so I know the data is available.

          Anyone else running Windows 7?

          Thanks,
          Jeff

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 16 4:12 AM
            I wonder if this is a permissions issue under Windows 7? Try right clicking the WUHU.exe, select properties, check "Run As Administrator".

            Another quick test you can try, make a copy of the file, move this to some directory, un-hide it, have WUHU configured to watch it, then open the file with Notepad and click "Save". This will have the same effect as the weather application (Weatherview32) writing the file. If WUHU detects changes when the file is in a different directory, that may be a clue.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <ifly34@...> wrote:

            > Still no joy. My next thought is that it's because I'm running Windows 7. I noticed that the Records files (both txt & xls) are shown as compatibility files(?) and appear to be hidden. I can view them in explorer by clicking the Compatibility Files button, but they still don't seem like normal files. I don't have a PC running XP to compare it to.
            >
            > Everything else seems to be right. The file is updating, saving to the local drive and populated, the path is correct, Weather Capture Advance is running and displaying the correct data and WeatherView 32 is working (for the most part) so I know the data is available.
            >
            > Anyone else running Windows 7?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Jeff
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Chuck <schaka1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have a TE923 also.
            > >

            > > You need to have Weather Capture Advance running. Leave the Record.txt file
            > > where Weather Capture Advance creates it. Weather Capture Advance needs to
            > > update the file and will look for it in it's directory. Then, in WUHU, Browse to
            > > the Weather Capture Advance directory for record.txt.

          • kevbert002_5
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 16 9:06 AM
              I'm running Win7 Pro (64 bit) with a Lacrosse WS2350 and had no luck running WUHU with Win7 Home, hence the upgrade to Pro. The data files are saved to c:\Program Files (x86)\WUHU\HWF.lst and c:\Program Files (x86)\WUHU\History.dat and not the default locations.
              I'm running in serial mode.
              Cheers
              Kevin.