Using the Campbell Scientific CR1000

  • Alex Gunkel
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2010
      I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I did search the mailing list archive as well as the software ReadMe for any more information and found nothing.

      When setting the source to "Cambell Scientific CR1000 (*.dat)" I get a messaging saying to contact the WUHU author for the csv file field specification.

      Does anyone have this specification?

      Thanks,
      Alex
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2010
        The .dat file is a CSV file (comma separated values) file.

        Below is the filed (or column number) of each data field followed by the
        units.

        6 Temperature °F
        7 Dew Point Temp °F
        8 Relative Humidity %
        9 Wind Avg Speed mph
        10 Wind Avg Dir °N
        12 Max Wind Gust mph
        14 Solar Radiation KW/m²
        15 Absolute pressure mb
        16 Relative pressure mb
        23 Precip since midnight In
        24 Precip last hour In
        25 Precip last 24 hours In
        26 Precip since 7/1 In

        If you have issues with any of the above, let me know.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Gunkel" <akgunkel@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I did search the mailing
        list archive as well as the software ReadMe for any more information and
        found nothing.

        > When setting the source to "Cambell Scientific CR1000 (*.dat)" I get a
        messaging saying to contact the WUHU author for the csv file field
        specification.

        > Does anyone have this specification?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Alex

      • Alexander Gunkel
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2010
          I finally got around to reprogramming my CR1000 to comply with this, and it works great!  Thanks!

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2010
            Glad to hear it.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Alexander Gunkel <akgunkel@...> wrote:

            > I finally got around to reprogramming my CR1000 to comply with this, and it
            > works great! Thanks!
            >
            > On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 4:29 AM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...>wrote:
            >

            > > The .dat file is a CSV file (comma separated values) file.
            > >
            > > Below is the filed (or column number) of each data field followed by the
            > > units.
            > >
            > > 6 Temperature °F
            > > 7 Dew Point Temp °F
            > > 8 Relative Humidity %
            > > 9 Wind Avg Speed mph
            > > 10 Wind Avg Dir °N
            > > 12 Max Wind Gust mph
            > > 14 Solar Radiation KW/m²
            > > 15 Absolute pressure mb
            > > 16 Relative pressure mb
            > > 23 Precip since midnight In
            > > 24 Precip last hour In
            > > 25 Precip last 24 hours In
            > > 26 Precip since 7/1 In
            > >
            > > If you have issues with any of the above, let me know.
            > >
            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > > "Alex Gunkel" <akgunkel@>
            > > wrote:
            > >

            > > > I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I did search the mailing
            > > list archive as well as the software ReadMe for any more information and
            > > found nothing.
            > > >
            > > > When setting the source to "Cambell Scientific CR1000 (*.dat)" I get a
            > > messaging saying to contact the WUHU author for the csv file field
            > > specification.
            > > >
            > > > Does anyone have this specification?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Alex

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
              Is it possible to re-map the order of the data fields? My CR1000 has been in service for some time and I don't want to change the data tables in the datalogger. Can I just read the data fields with WUHU and assign them to the proper variables in my own software?

              My goal is to read the CR1000 .dat file and generate an XML file that I can ftp to my website.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
                It has been a long time since that was hard-coded to a specific field ordering.

                What are you attempting to do? Add new fields? If you can give more specifics I might be able to help.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <blkcat@...> wrote:

                > Is it possible to re-map the order of the data fields? My CR1000 has been in service for some time and I don't want to change the data tables in the datalogger. Can I just read the data fields with WUHU and assign them to the proper variables in my own software?
                >
                > My goal is to read the CR1000 .dat file and generate an XML file that I can ftp to my website.
                >
                > Thanks.

                > > Glad to hear it.
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Alexander Gunkel <akgunkel@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I finally got around to reprogramming my CR1000 to comply with this, and it
                > > > works great! Thanks!

              • Dave
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
                  I have a CR1000 based weather station, but the data table in the datalogger has the following order of variables, stored every 15 minutes in a .dat file (Campbell CSV).

                  Avg Wind Speed
                  Max Wind Speed
                  wind speed vector
                  wind direction vector
                  avg solar kW
                  total solar MJ
                  avg Temp C
                  avg RH
                  Rain since 7/1
                  Rain today

                  I would like to use WUHU to read the .dat file every time it is updated and generate an XML file that is ftp'd to my website.

                  It isn't practical to change the order of the variables in the data table, so I was wondering if I could just re-map the data at some point.

                  Thanks for any help you might provide.