WUHU_Text: alerts from your weather station as SMS text messages

  • mikedw5071
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2010
      Inspired by Don Lafferty's WUHU_Tweet, which posts your weather as a Twitter message, I have created WUHU_Text to send alerts from your personal weather station as SMS text messages.

      I created this little program for myself but thought I'd share it with the rest of the WUHU group as a way to give back and say thanks.

      Download and instructions are available on my site:

    • Don Lafferty
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2010
        This is a great idea Mike!  I'll have to take a look at it.  And thanks for the nice words.  Of course Heath is responsible for all of us expanding his excellent program.

        Don

        On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:24 AM, mikedw5071 <mike.christianson@...> wrote:

        Inspired by Don Lafferty's WUHU_Tweet, which posts your weather as a Twitter message, I have created WUHU_Text to send alerts from your personal weather station as SMS text messages.

        I created this little program for myself but thought I'd share it with the rest of the WUHU group as a way to give back and say thanks.

        Download and instructions are available on my site:

      • kevbert002_5
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2010
          Thanks for the script. That's a request that I've made for SMS support
          as I get a PC lockup once a week (at random intervals (it may be due to Win7 updates which I only download and manually install). In the UK it seems that Google Voice is currently only by invitation so hopefully I'll get an invite soon to try this out.
          Cheers
          Kevin.