New WUHU_Tweet

  • Mark Richards
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 19, 2010

      Hi all

      I’ve just installed the new files from WUHU_Tweet020.zip that was uploaded this morning.

      I followed the readme to the letter and ran the Validater and have a wuhutweet_oauth.txt  file in my WUHU folder.  I note that the TwitterVB.dll is in the zip but not mentioned in the readme.

      The following is my string from the Alerts/Actions section in WUHU.

      WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeHHMM%|Temp: %OutdoorTempDegC% °C|Hum: %OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres: %OutdoorPressureRelativeHPA% HPa|24Hr Rain: %OutdoorRain24HrMM% mm|Wind: %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters% %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Windchill: %OutdoorWindchillC% °C"

      Obviously I want it in metric because I’m in Australia.

      It’s not uploading to my Twitter account (www.twitter.com/mounthelenWX)

      Any help appreciated.

      Mark

    • Don

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 19, 2010

          No I only used the very old version.  I will put the dll in the directory.

          Will advise how I get on.

          Mark

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 19, 2010
            I updated the directions in the zip file.

            Don

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 20, 2010

              I’m still not tweeting and when I just got in from a few hours at work, I am getting vbtweet2008 error messages yet I no longer have vbtweet2008 installed in that directory and it certainly doesn’t appear to call for it.  Not sure what I have done wrong.

              I’ve also noticed that since applying the changes, I have stopped uploading to PWS Weather (http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/MTHELENVIC.html)

              Mark

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 20, 2010

                Just installed the new file, works like a charm!  I didn't even have to to do anything in WUHU, since the file name is the same as the original version.

                Nice proactive work!

                On Jun 20, 2010 5:40 AM, "Mark Richards" <markrichards@...> wrote:

                I’m still not tweeting and when I just got in from a few hours at work, I am getting vbtweet2008 error messages yet I no longer have vbtweet2008 installed in that directory and it certainly doesn’t appear to call for it.  Not sure what I have done wrong.

                I’ve also noticed that since applying the changes, I have stopped uploading to PWS Weather (http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/MTHELENVIC.html)

                Mark

                  No I only used the very old version.  I will put the dll in the directory.

                  Will advise h...

                • donlafferty433
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 20, 2010
                    I updated the program again to handle errors a little better.
                  • Chris R. Holt
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 20, 2010
                      Hi Don,

                      Working great here - I just assumed that the .dll file had to be in the WUHU program folder and put it there :)

                      Thanks again for a GREAT addition to WUHU!

                      Chris Holt

                      http://www.twitter.com/SanJoseWx

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 21, 2010

                        Thanks to Don’s personal assistance, I am back and tweeting again!  Superb service Don and thanks again for you help.

                        Mark

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 21, 2010
                          That's great to hear Mark!  Glad it's all working for you again.

                          Don