Re: [wuhu_software_group] Don Strikes Again

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2010
      Thanks Rick!

      Yes, Twitter is changing the way you can post using an application.  They are getting rid of the Basic Auth method and going to the oAuth method.  What this means to users of WUHU_Tweet is you'll have to run a little program I made to get your PIN.  Once you've done that my program stores your user key in a text file in the WUHU folder so that WUHU_Tweet can read it each time it needs to post.  You only have to run that program once but you do have to install it.  After it's run you can uninstall it.

      One of the main changes is it means you don't need to put your username or password in the cfg file anymore.  That's probably a good thing in this age of ID theft.

      I'm fairly sure the new version is working fine but I think I'll wait to post it for a day or so just to make sure Rick and I find any blatant bugs.  If you REALLY want to try it early send me an email at don@... and I'll provide a link for you to download the beta.

      Don

      On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Rick <cfr301@...> wrote:

      Don spent most of last night and half of today working to keep our twitter data AHEAD of a change being made June 30th that will not allow the old API method to work. I'm sure he will post the new App information shortly...What a GUY!!!

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1
      http://twitter.com/wapakweathercom