WUHU freezing up???

  • Karl Kingston
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2010
      OK here's my issue:

      Running WUHU over a networked serial USB interface. This has worked great
      ever since I started using a NETUSB device.

      Usually when things seem to freeze up, it's almost like WUHU doesn't do
      anything. I see an error for uploads and the displays are frozen.

      I can check it hours later, and the displays are as if they were hours
      earlier. No errors other than the upload failed. I've turned on Console
      Comm Errors so we'll see what happens.

      To fix the issue, I tell the PC to disconnect from the NETUSB device and
      reconnect. WUHU picks up as normal when the COM3 port becomes available.

      Why doesn't WUHU indicate there's an issue and send everything OFL rather
      than sit where it had it's last valid readings?

      I have emailed the vendor of the NETUSB chip (I think they're in India)
      and have asked if they had a commandline interface to recycle their
      device--that why if WUHU can be set up so that if it has to reopen the com
      port, it runs a script just before trying to open the port.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2010
        I could be wrong but I believe after so many COM errors the port is closed and re-opened. If there is some low level driver issue that cannot be corrected by closing and opening the port, you would need to take some action like you are doing (completely shutting down the driver and re-starting it).

        If you do find some command line utility that can fix the problem you could execute it as a 'Console Update Failure' action. This action would execute when the console fails to respond.

        As far as keeping the old data up in the current conditions column, that is intentional, otherwise you might not realize that you have a update problem.