Re: LaCrosse 2310

  • Dimitris
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
      This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
      My old anemometer with proppele it had this problem
      Here is the solution

      http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/project_fix-anemometer-problem.html

      Best regards from Greece
      Dimitris

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

      > I'm using this with my WS2350 and have no problems. The original failed after 18 months for no apparent reason. The only problem you may get is from solar radiation (this can be sorted by using copper tape around the anemometer sensor body) where the wind direction is reported as being from the same direction, when you know for a fact it isn't.
      > Don't forget that you can filter out some wind speed errors via the WUHU software.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@> wrote:
      > >
      > > On 2010-06-02 08:10, ronw72 wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Has anyone changed to this
      > > > http://www.greatbigoutlet.com/shopexd.asp?id=1321
      > > >
      > > > I have always had problems with spiders building webs in the original,
      > > > and I'm finally fed up with fighting the problem, so would like to
      > > > know if anyone has changed the wind sensor?
      > > >
      > > Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on
      > > WS-2310, and it works very well.

    • kevbert002_5
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
        Thanks Dimitris for the pictures. The anemometer with cups also suffers from the problem.
        Cheers from England
        Kevin.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitris" <meteo@...> wrote:

        > This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
        > My old anemometer with proppele it had this problem
        > Here is the solution
        >
        > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/project_fix-anemometer-problem.html
        >
        > Best regards from Greece
        > Dimitris
        > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm using this with my WS2350 and have no problems. The original failed after 18 months for no apparent reason. The only problem you may get is from solar radiation (this can be sorted by using copper tape around the anemometer sensor body) where the wind direction is reported as being from the same direction, when you know for a fact it isn't.
        > > Don't forget that you can filter out some wind speed errors via the WUHU software.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@> wrote:

        > > > Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on
        > > > WS-2310, and it works very well.

      • William DePriest
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
          I had this problem also, and an easier fix for me was to wrap a few layers of electrical tape around the seam where it comes apart instead of actually taking it apart.  That fix has worked for over a year now.

          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
            Dimitris,

            I ordered the TX-20 yesterday, but now I am concerned in reading the description on Great Big Outlet.  It says:

            "requires a WS-2310-25 thermo-hygro sensor"

            I only have a 2308 thermo-hygro sensor... will it work with mine too?

            On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Dimitris <meteo@...> wrote:

            The anemometer TX 20

            It work with all La-crose 23XX models

            Best regards from Greece
            Dimitris

            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
              Hi William
              Of caurse it will work perfect,and your ws 2308 weather station.

            • Jaye Ellen
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
                Yes William, this device will work with pretty much any of the PWS's, 23xx or 36xx, as far as I know.  They all use the same basic hardware and wiring.

                Jaye Ellen, KTNGALLA2 WS3610 (with propellers)

              • David Lipper
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 5, 2010
                  Thanks for the suggestions, gents.

                  I have added the solar radiation ideas to the Wuhu Manual (http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/ under section 7. III.

                  On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Dimitris <meteo@otenet. gr> wrote:

                  This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
                  My old anemometer with proppele it had this problem
                  Here is the solution

                  http://users. otenet.gr/ ~meteo/project_ fix-anemometer- problem.html

                  Best regards from Greece
                  Dimitris
                  http://users. otenet.gr/ ~meteo/index. html

                  --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                  > I'm using this with my WS2350 and have no problems. The original failed after 18 months for no apparent reason. The only problem you may get is from solar radiation (this can be sorted by using copper tape around the anemometer sensor body) where the wind direction is reported as being from the same direction, when you know for a fact it isn't.
                  > Don't forget that you can filter out some wind speed errors via the WUHU software.
                  >

                  > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > On 2010-06-02 08:10, ronw72 wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Has anyone changed to this
                  > > > http://www.greatbig outlet.com/ shopexd.asp? id=1321
                  > > >
                  > > > I have always had problems with spiders building webs in the original,
                  > > > and I'm finally fed up with fighting the problem, so would like to
                  > > > know if anyone has changed the wind sensor?
                  > > >
                  > > Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on
                  > > WS-2310, and it works very well.

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 6, 2010
                    I think you need to update Section 5.I (main application dialog), to show the new WUHU
                    layout (including the History button).

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 8, 2010
                    Well I just received my new TX-20 from GreatBigOutlet and when I unwound the cable, I found that it had been cut in half and someone had taped it together...  Unbelievable.

                    Hope everyone else that ordered one had better luck than me.

                    On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Mike <mike.a.p@...> wrote:

                    I think you need to update Section 5.I (main application dialog), to show the new WUHU
                    layout (including the History button).

                    > Thanks for the suggestions, gents.
                    >
                    > I have added the solar radiation ideas to the Wuhu Manual
                    > (http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/ under section 7. III.
                    >
                    > On 2010-06-03 11:39, William DePriest wrote:
                    >
                    > I had this problem also, and an easier fix for me was to wrap a few layers of electrical tape
                    > around the seam where it comes apart instead of actually taking it apart. That fix has
                    > worked for over a year now.
                    >
                    > On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Dimitris <meteo@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
                    > My old anemometer with proppele it had this problem
                    > Here is the solution
                    >
                    > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/project_fix-anemometer-problem.html
                    >

                    > Best regards from Greece
                    > Dimitris
                    > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html
                    >
                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'm using this with my WS2350 and have no problems. The original failed after 18 months
                    > for no apparent reason. The only problem you may get is from solar radiation (this can be
                    > sorted by using copper tape around the anemometer sensor body) where the wind direction
                    > is reported as being from the same direction, when you know for a fact it isn't.
                    > > Don't forget that you can filter out some wind speed errors via the WUHU software.
                    > >

                    > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@> wrote:

                    > > > Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on
                    > > > WS-2310, and it works very well.

                  • alrjr2001
                    Message 10 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010
                      I was immediately leery of this place when I saw the description "New, like new or discontinued". I guess yours was "like new" but not quite! Maybe they'll send you a good one & let you keep the one with the cut cable for parts, that would work out OK.

                      Arnold In The Smokies
                      DW1121

                      Message 11 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010

                        GreatBigOutlet sent out a replacement today so hopefully this one is more "like new" than the first one!

                        ---
                        sent from my Droid.

                      • chrisv78@comcast.net
                        Message 12 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010

                          I was always happy with GreatBigOutlet when I used the LaCrosse weather station.  In fact I ended buying a new unit just for parts because I got tired of ordering replacements. They tend to last a year or so and then start acting up.

                          Message 13 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010
                            Strange --- I got a LaCrosse 3610 5 yrs ago and it's still going strong, no probs --- go figure !!!  I run wirelessly and I replace batteries only, around once a year.  I ordered directly from LaCrosse, btw.  Not the outfit you went through ...

                            Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

                            On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM, <chrisv78@...> wrote:

                            I was always happy with GreatBigOutlet when I used the LaCrosse weather station.  In fact I ended buying a new unit just for parts because I got tired of ordering replacements. They tend to last a year or so and then start acting up.

                            GreatBigOutlet sent out a replacement today so hopefully this one is more "like new" than the first one!

                            ---
                            sent from my Droid.

                            On Jun 9, 2010 9:18 AM, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

                            I was immediately leery of this place when I saw the description "New, like new or discontinued". I guess yours was "like new" but not quite! Maybe they'll send you a good one & let you keep the one with the cut cable for parts, that would work out OK.

                            Arnold In The Smokies
                            DW1121

                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, William DePriest <wdepriest@...> wrote:

                            > Well I jus...

                            > On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Mike <mike.a.p@...> wrote:
                            >

                            > > I think you need to upd...

                            > > > On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Dimitris <meteo@...<meteo%40otenet.gr>>

                            > > wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
                            > > > My old anemo...

                            > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

                          • KNHBRIST1
                            Message 14 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010
                              Bought my WS2310 3/17/03......Still running fine. Probably should not have said that, probably jinxed it now.
                              Steve