Re: LaCrosse 2310

  • ronw72
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010
      Thanks to all who replied.

      I will order one tomorrow.

      Dang those spiders!

      Ron

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitris" <meteo@...> wrote:

      > The anemometer TX 20
      >
      > http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/11/22/64/62/weathe14.jpg
      >
      > It work with all La-crose 23XX models
      >
      > Best regards from Greece
      > Dimitris
      > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, William DePriest <wdepriest@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does this sensor work with the 2308? I had a ton of trouble with my current
      > > impeller version with false wind readings. I had to send it back to
      > > LaCrosse and they replaced the cable to it. Since then, it has worked
      > > flawlessly (aside from spiderwebs/snow in the impeller) so I am reluctant to
      > > switch back to the original cabling with the new sensor, if it does work
      > > with the 2308.
      > >
      > > On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Greg Whitehead <gw333@> wrote:
      > >

      > > > I have added that sensor to my 2315 and it works great. It spins very
      > > > easily and registers lower wind speeds than my OS WMR968. I am very
      > > > pleased. However, if you get one, make sure and tell them to pack it well.
      > > > The first one I got wasn't packed well and arrived with the cups broken
      > > > off. But, they sent me another one with no hassle, so that speaks well of
      > > > them, I think.
      > > >
      > > > Greg Whitehead
      > > > Euchee, TN
      > > > CWOP: DW0148
      > > > WU: KTNEUCHE3/KTNTENMI2
      > > > CoCoRaHS: TN-MS-1
      > > > WMR968/WS2315/WUHU
      > > > Website: http://sites.google.com/site/tenmileweather/

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010
        about every 3 weeks during spider season I would take one of those foggers and shake it up, duct tape it to a long pole, fire it off, then hold it up around my anemometer to rid it of the creatures...I now have a davis VP2, but a spider web is a strong thing, and have actually had the wind cups held back by one strand linked over to the pole..

        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 2, 2010
          On 2010-06-02 08:10, ronw72 wrote:

          Has anyone changed to this http://www.greatbigoutlet.com/shopexd.asp?id=1321

          I have always had problems with spiders building webs in the original, and I'm finally fed up with fighting the problem, so would like to know if anyone has changed the wind sensor?

          Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on WS-2310, and it works very well.
        • kevbert002_5
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
            I'm using this with my WS2350 and have no problems. The original failed after 18 months for no apparent reason. The only problem you may get is from solar radiation (this can be sorted by using copper tape around the anemometer sensor body) where the wind direction is reported as being from the same direction, when you know for a fact it isn't.
            Don't forget that you can filter out some wind speed errors via the WUHU software.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@...> wrote:

            > On 2010-06-02 08:10, ronw72 wrote:
            > >
            > > Has anyone changed to this
            > > http://www.greatbigoutlet.com/shopexd.asp?id=1321
            > >
            > > I have always had problems with spiders building webs in the original,
            > > and I'm finally fed up with fighting the problem, so would like to
            > > know if anyone has changed the wind sensor?
            > >
            > Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on
            > WS-2310, and it works very well.

          • Dimitris
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
              This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
              My old anemometer with proppele it had this problem
              Here is the solution

              http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/project_fix-anemometer-problem.html

              Best regards from Greece
              Dimitris

              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
                Thanks Dimitris for the pictures. The anemometer with cups also suffers from the problem.
                Cheers from England
                Kevin.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitris" <meteo@...> wrote:

                > This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
                > My old anemometer with proppele it had this problem
                > Here is the solution
                >
                > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/project_fix-anemometer-problem.html
                >
                > Best regards from Greece
                > Dimitris
                > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html
                >

                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm using this with my WS2350 and have no problems. The original failed after 18 months for no apparent reason. The only problem you may get is from solar radiation (this can be sorted by using copper tape around the anemometer sensor body) where the wind direction is reported as being from the same direction, when you know for a fact it isn't.
                > > Don't forget that you can filter out some wind speed errors via the WUHU software.
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@> wrote:

                > > > Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on
                > > > WS-2310, and it works very well.

              • William DePriest
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
                  I had this problem also, and an easier fix for me was to wrap a few layers of electrical tape around the seam where it comes apart instead of actually taking it apart.  That fix has worked for over a year now.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
                    Dimitris,

                    I ordered the TX-20 yesterday, but now I am concerned in reading the description on Great Big Outlet.  It says:

                    "requires a WS-2310-25 thermo-hygro sensor"

                    I only have a 2308 thermo-hygro sensor... will it work with mine too?

                    The anemometer TX 20

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
                      Hi William
                      Of caurse it will work perfect,and your ws 2308 weather station.

                      Best regards from Greece
                      Dimitris

                    • Jaye Ellen
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 3, 2010
                        Yes William, this device will work with pretty much any of the PWS's, 23xx or 36xx, as far as I know.  They all use the same basic hardware and wiring.

                        Jaye Ellen, KTNGALLA2 WS3610 (with propellers)

                      • David Lipper
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 5, 2010
                          Thanks for the suggestions, gents.

                          I have added the solar radiation ideas to the Wuhu Manual (http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/ under section 7. III.

                          On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Dimitris <meteo@otenet. gr> wrote:

                          This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
                          My old anemometer with proppele it had this problem
                          Here is the solution

                          http://users. otenet.gr/ ~meteo/project_ fix-anemometer- problem.html

                          Best regards from Greece
                          Dimitris
                          http://users. otenet.gr/ ~meteo/index. html

                          --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                          > I'm using this with my WS2350 and have no problems. The original failed after 18 months for no apparent reason. The only problem you may get is from solar radiation (this can be sorted by using copper tape around the anemometer sensor body) where the wind direction is reported as being from the same direction, when you know for a fact it isn't.
                          > Don't forget that you can filter out some wind speed errors via the WUHU software.
                          >

                          > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > On 2010-06-02 08:10, ronw72 wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Has anyone changed to this
                          > > > http://www.greatbig outlet.com/ shopexd.asp? id=1321
                          > > >
                          > > > I have always had problems with spiders building webs in the original,
                          > > > and I'm finally fed up with fighting the problem, so would like to
                          > > > know if anyone has changed the wind sensor?
                          > > >
                          > > Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on
                          > > WS-2310, and it works very well.

                        • Mike
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 6, 2010
                            I think you need to update Section 5.I (main application dialog), to show the new WUHU
                            layout (including the History button).

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 8, 2010
                            Well I just received my new TX-20 from GreatBigOutlet and when I unwound the cable, I found that it had been cut in half and someone had taped it together...  Unbelievable.

                            Hope everyone else that ordered one had better luck than me.

                            On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Mike <mike.a.p@...> wrote:

                            I think you need to update Section 5.I (main application dialog), to show the new WUHU
                            layout (including the History button).

                            > Thanks for the suggestions, gents.
                            >
                            > I have added the solar radiation ideas to the Wuhu Manual
                            > (http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/ under section 7. III.
                            >
                            > On 2010-06-03 11:39, William DePriest wrote:
                            >
                            > I had this problem also, and an easier fix for me was to wrap a few layers of electrical tape
                            > around the seam where it comes apart instead of actually taking it apart. That fix has
                            > worked for over a year now.
                            >
                            > On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Dimitris <meteo@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
                            > My old anemometer with proppele it had this problem
                            > Here is the solution
                            >
                            > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/project_fix-anemometer-problem.html
                            >

                            > Best regards from Greece
                            > Dimitris
                            > http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/index.html
                            >
                            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I'm using this with my WS2350 and have no problems. The original failed after 18 months
                            > for no apparent reason. The only problem you may get is from solar radiation (this can be
                            > sorted by using copper tape around the anemometer sensor body) where the wind direction
                            > is reported as being from the same direction, when you know for a fact it isn't.
                            > > Don't forget that you can filter out some wind speed errors via the WUHU software.
                            > >

                            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@> wrote:

                            > > > Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on
                            > > > WS-2310, and it works very well.

                          • alrjr2001
                            Message 14 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010
                              I was immediately leery of this place when I saw the description "New, like new or discontinued". I guess yours was "like new" but not quite! Maybe they'll send you a good one & let you keep the one with the cut cable for parts, that would work out OK.

                              Arnold In The Smokies
                              DW1121

                              Message 15 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010

                                GreatBigOutlet sent out a replacement today so hopefully this one is more "like new" than the first one!

                                ---
                                sent from my Droid.

                              • chrisv78@comcast.net
                                Message 16 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010

                                  I was always happy with GreatBigOutlet when I used the LaCrosse weather station.  In fact I ended buying a new unit just for parts because I got tired of ordering replacements. They tend to last a year or so and then start acting up.

                                  Message 17 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010
                                    Strange --- I got a LaCrosse 3610 5 yrs ago and it's still going strong, no probs --- go figure !!!  I run wirelessly and I replace batteries only, around once a year.  I ordered directly from LaCrosse, btw.  Not the outfit you went through ...

                                    Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

                                    On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM, <chrisv78@...> wrote:

                                    I was always happy with GreatBigOutlet when I used the LaCrosse weather station.  In fact I ended buying a new unit just for parts because I got tired of ordering replacements. They tend to last a year or so and then start acting up.

                                    GreatBigOutlet sent out a replacement today so hopefully this one is more "like new" than the first one!

                                    ---
                                    sent from my Droid.

                                    On Jun 9, 2010 9:18 AM, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

                                    I was immediately leery of this place when I saw the description "New, like new or discontinued". I guess yours was "like new" but not quite! Maybe they'll send you a good one & let you keep the one with the cut cable for parts, that would work out OK.

                                    Arnold In The Smokies
                                    DW1121

                                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, William DePriest <wdepriest@...> wrote:

                                    > Well I jus...

                                    > On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Mike <mike.a.p@...> wrote:
                                    >

                                    > > I think you need to upd...

                                    > > > On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Dimitris <meteo@...<meteo%40otenet.gr>>

                                    > > wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
                                    > > > My old anemo...

                                    > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

                                  • KNHBRIST1
                                    Message 18 of 24 , Jun 9, 2010
                                      Bought my WS2310 3/17/03......Still running fine. Probably should not have said that, probably jinxed it now.
                                      Steve