Re: [wuhu_software_group] 6250 Vantage Vue by Davis - Minimum Purchase

  • Alan Myers
    Message 1 of 22 , May 3 1:59 PM
      O.K. so just to be clear on this.....

       I do use WUHU with my current LaCrosse 2310, and I intend to keep using WUHU with the Vantage Vue. I therefore DO NOT need to purchase the Weatherlink software?

      Thanks

      Alan

      Message 2 of 22 , May 3 2:19 PM
        Alan:

        From what I have seen here and researched online, it would appear that you DO need the datalogger, and the only way to get it is to buy the Weatherlink software package. But you do not need to use the software that comes in the package - you can then use WUHU. Other sites are promoting a software package called Personal Weather Station (or something like that) for posting data to wunderground, but it costs another $50.

        If I am wrong here, I will appreciate being corrected!

        Joe

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Alan Myers <doodledad0214@...> wrote:

        > O.K. so just to be clear on this.....
        >
        >  I do use WUHU with my current LaCrosse 2310, and I intend to keep using WUHU with the Vantage Vue. I therefore DO NOT need to purchase the Weatherlink software?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Alan
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Shawn Parker
        Message 3 of 22 , May 3 2:29 PM
          Software comes with the retail datalogger but you don't need to use it.
          Datalogger hardware is definitely needed though.

        • Alan Myers
          Message 4 of 22 , May 8 6:59 AM

            Has anyone ever dealt with Archer Trading Post? www.archertradingpost.com They have Davis Vantage Vue's for $263.00, which is the cheapest I have seen anywhere.

            Thanks

            Alan

          • cookevilleweatherguy@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 22 , May 8 7:16 AM
              Holy Cow Alan...that is excellent. I've heard of Archer, but never bought anything from them.

              My parents purchase items from the marine supplier Overtons & they sell the Davis VV for 399...that is a healthy profit margin! :)

              From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@...>
              Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
              To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Vantage Vue purchase

              Message 6 of 22 , May 8 7:38 AM
                Hey Alan:

                Scientific Sales has it for 262.99 now..just got an email from them.

                ScientificSales.com

                I have done business with them & very impressed with ship times & communication.

                From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@...>
                Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
                To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 22 , May 8 7:52 AM
                  OK Thanks!

                  From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@ yahoo.com>
                  Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
                  To: <wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>

                  Message 8 of 22 , May 8 8:42 AM
                    So I finally pulled the trigger and just bought a Vue from Scientific Sales. Thanks again for the heads up.

                    I can't wait til it shows up!

                    From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@ yahoo.com>
                    Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
                    To: <wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>

                    Message 9 of 22 , May 8 9:07 AM
                      Way to go Alan...you'll be very happy with it. Works right out of the box with minimal assembly...maybe 3 or 4 steps...

                      Let me know if you have any additional questions.

                      -Michael D

                      From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@...>
                      Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 08:42:42 -0700 (PDT)
                      To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>

                      From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@ yahoo.com>
                      Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
                      To: <wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>

                      Message 10 of 22 , May 8 10:26 AM
                        You'll be tickled pink. Mine kicks the snot out of my old Lacrosse WS-3610!

                        On 5/8/2010 11:42 AM, Alan Myers wrote:
                        > So I finally pulled the trigger and just bought a Vue from Scientific
                        > Sales. Thanks again for the heads up.
                        > I can't wait til it shows up!
                        > Alan

                      • Jaye Ellen
                        Message 11 of 22 , May 8 6:23 PM
                          Please define "Kicks the snot ..." ... I may follow your lead !!!

                          Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

                          On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Shawn Parker <kamakzie@...> wrote:

                          You'll be tickled pink. Mine kicks the snot out of my old Lacrosse WS-3610!

                          On 5/8/2010 11:42 AM, Alan Myers wrote:
                          > So I finally pulled the trigger and just bought a Vue from Scientific
                          > Sales. Thanks again for the heads up.
                          > I can't wait til it shows up!
                          > Alan

                        • drifter17536
                          Message 12 of 22 , May 9 2:20 PM
                            Is that price including the Data Logger and Weatherlink software?

                            Message 13 of 22 , May 9 2:32 PM
                              Definitely not. That price would be the indoor receiver and outdoor iss (internal sensor suite)...the WL software & data logger runs around 120.

                              From: "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...>
                              Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 21:20:57 -0000
                              To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
                              Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Vantage Vue purchase