Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: 6250 Vantage Vue by Davis - Minimum Purchase

  • Greg Whitehead
    Message 1 of 22 , May 3, 2010
      You might get some ideas looking at this:

      Greg Whitehead
      Euchee, TN
      CWOP:  DW0148
      WU:  KTNEUCHE3/KTNTENMI2
      CoCoRaHS:  TN-MS-1
      WMR968/WS2315/WUHU
      Message 2 of 22 , May 3, 2010
        Thanks, Greg - That was helpful. I am going to have to think about this...

        Joe

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Whitehead" <gw333@...> wrote:

        > You might get some ideas looking at this:
        >
        > http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=88.0
        >
        > Greg Whitehead
        > Euchee, TN
        > CWOP: DW0148
        > WU: KTNEUCHE3/KTNTENMI2
        > CoCoRaHS: TN-MS-1
        > WMR968/WS2315/WUHU
        > Website: http://sites.google.com/site/tenmileweather/

      • Shawn Parker
        Message 3 of 22 , May 3, 2010
          You need the hardware but the Weatherlink software is unnecessary if you
          do direct serial mode with WUHU. I've had very little problems with the
          USB datalogger. However if you can't find a used datalogger and you
          have to go with a new you might as well get serial.

          On 5/3/2010 3:08 PM, cookevilleweatherguy@... wrote:

          > You will need the WeatherLink software/hardware to connect to the Vue
          > console which will, in turn, connect to your PC. I recommend the
          > serial Weatherlink (6510SER)....
          >
          > I was given the Vue as a Christmas present purchased WL later. What I
          > did was leave my Lacrosse hooked-up to computer until I got the WL
          > product.
          >
          > Go to ScientificSales.com click to get an email of their best price.
          > This will help out a lot.
          >
          > Yell if you have any questions.
          >
          > Michael

          > *From: * "JoeBrown3" <joe@...>
          > *Date: *Mon, 03 May 2010 18:54:17 -0000
          > *To: *<wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
          > *Subject: *[wuhu_software_group] 6250 Vantage Vue by Davis - Minimum
          > Purchase
          >
          > I am looking at upgrading from my WS2310 to the Davis Vantage Vue
          > 6250, but I can't figure out what parts I need to be functional in
          > posting to wunderground.
          >
          > Will the base unit connect to a PC, or does one have to have the data
          > logger?
          >
          > Do I need the Davis software, or will WUHU or something similar do the
          > trick?
          >
          > I can just barely afford the base unit, but don't need it if I have to
          > have all the other stuff to make it work.

        • Alan Myers
          Message 4 of 22 , May 3, 2010
            O.K. so just to be clear on this.....

             I do use WUHU with my current LaCrosse 2310, and I intend to keep using WUHU with the Vantage Vue. I therefore DO NOT need to purchase the Weatherlink software?

            Thanks

            Alan

            You need the hardware but the Weatherlink software is unnecessary if you
            do direct serial mode with WUHU.  I've had very little problems with the
            USB datalogger.  However if you can't find a used datalogger and you
            have to go with a new you might as well get serial.

            On 5/3/2010 3:08 PM, cookevilleweatherguy@... wrote:

            > You will need the WeatherLink software/hardware to connect to the Vue
            > console which will, in turn, connect to your PC. I recommend the
            > serial Weatherlink (6510SER)....
            >
            > I was given the Vue as a Christmas present purchased WL later. What I
            > did was leave my Lacrosse hooked-up to computer until I got the WL
            > product.
            >
            > Go to ScientificSales.com click to get an email of their best price.
            > This will help out a lot.
            >
            > Yell if you have any questions.
            >
            > Michael

            > *From: * "JoeBrown3" <joe@...>
            > *Date: *Mon, 03 May 2010 18:54:17 -0000
            > *To: *<wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
            > *Subject: *[wuhu_software_group] 6250 Vantage Vue by Davis - Minimum
            > Purchase
            >
            > I am looking at upgrading from my WS2310 to the Davis Vantage Vue
            > 6250, but I can't figure out what parts I need to be functional in
            > posting to wunderground.
            >
            > Will the base unit connect to a PC, or does one have to have the data
            > logger?
            >
            > Do I need the Davis software, or will WUHU or something similar do the
            > trick?
            >
            > I can just barely afford the base unit, but don't need it if I have to
            > have all the other stuff to make it work.

            WUHU Download page:

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                wuhu_software_group-digest@yahoogroups.com
                wuhu_software_group-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • JoeBrown3
            Message 5 of 22 , May 3, 2010
              Alan:

              From what I have seen here and researched online, it would appear that you DO need the datalogger, and the only way to get it is to buy the Weatherlink software package. But you do not need to use the software that comes in the package - you can then use WUHU. Other sites are promoting a software package called Personal Weather Station (or something like that) for posting data to wunderground, but it costs another $50.

              If I am wrong here, I will appreciate being corrected!

              Joe

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Alan Myers <doodledad0214@...> wrote:

              > O.K. so just to be clear on this.....
              >
              >  I do use WUHU with my current LaCrosse 2310, and I intend to keep using WUHU with the Vantage Vue. I therefore DO NOT need to purchase the Weatherlink software?
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Alan
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Shawn Parker
              Message 6 of 22 , May 3, 2010
                Software comes with the retail datalogger but you don't need to use it.
                Datalogger hardware is definitely needed though.

              • Alan Myers
                Message 7 of 22 , May 8, 2010

                  Has anyone ever dealt with Archer Trading Post? www.archertradingpost.com They have Davis Vantage Vue's for $263.00, which is the cheapest I have seen anywhere.

                  Thanks

                  Alan

                • cookevilleweatherguy@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 8, 2010
                    Holy Cow Alan...that is excellent. I've heard of Archer, but never bought anything from them.

                    My parents purchase items from the marine supplier Overtons & they sell the Davis VV for 399...that is a healthy profit margin! :)

                    From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@...>
                    Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
                    To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
                    Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Vantage Vue purchase

                    Message 9 of 22 , May 8, 2010
                      Hey Alan:

                      Scientific Sales has it for 262.99 now..just got an email from them.

                      ScientificSales.com

                      I have done business with them & very impressed with ship times & communication.

                      From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@...>
                      Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
                      To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 22 , May 8, 2010
                        OK Thanks!

                        From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@ yahoo.com>
                        Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
                        To: <wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>

                        Message 11 of 22 , May 8, 2010
                          So I finally pulled the trigger and just bought a Vue from Scientific Sales. Thanks again for the heads up.

                          I can't wait til it shows up!

                          From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@ yahoo.com>
                          Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: <wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>

                          Message 12 of 22 , May 8, 2010
                            Way to go Alan...you'll be very happy with it. Works right out of the box with minimal assembly...maybe 3 or 4 steps...

                            Let me know if you have any additional questions.

                            -Michael D

                            From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@...>
                            Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 08:42:42 -0700 (PDT)
                            To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>

                            From: Alan Myers <doodledad0214@ yahoo.com>
                            Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
                            To: <wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>

                            Message 13 of 22 , May 8, 2010
                              You'll be tickled pink. Mine kicks the snot out of my old Lacrosse WS-3610!

                              On 5/8/2010 11:42 AM, Alan Myers wrote:
                              > So I finally pulled the trigger and just bought a Vue from Scientific
                              > Sales. Thanks again for the heads up.
                              > I can't wait til it shows up!
                              > Alan

                            • Jaye Ellen
                              Message 14 of 22 , May 8, 2010
                                Please define "Kicks the snot ..." ... I may follow your lead !!!

                                Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

                                On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Shawn Parker <kamakzie@...> wrote:

                                You'll be tickled pink. Mine kicks the snot out of my old Lacrosse WS-3610!

                                On 5/8/2010 11:42 AM, Alan Myers wrote:
                                > So I finally pulled the trigger and just bought a Vue from Scientific
                                > Sales. Thanks again for the heads up.
                                > I can't wait til it shows up!
                                > Alan

                              • drifter17536
                                Message 15 of 22 , May 9, 2010
                                  Is that price including the Data Logger and Weatherlink software?

                                  Message 16 of 22 , May 9, 2010
                                    Definitely not. That price would be the indoor receiver and outdoor iss (internal sensor suite)...the WL software & data logger runs around 120.

                                    From: "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...>
                                    Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 21:20:57 -0000
                                    To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
                                    Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Vantage Vue purchase