Re: 3D Radar Beta on WU

  • alrjr2001
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2010
      Thanks Larry & Steve! I found the link, I neglected to look on "local" radar I was on regional when I decided to look for it the first time:-)

      Thanks Again!
      Arnold In The Smokies

      > Ya, you have to select the radar map and then on the right side a bit below the map is a link for #D.
      > It is kinda neat, you can "fly" around and move up and down and see the cloud heights.
      > Nice addition, it has been around for a while now.
      > Steve
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Larry Myers <hometownnerd@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Maybe you do not have it in your area so it is hidden? A link for mine was
      > > on the local radar page towards the bottom...Says Be sure to check out our
      > > new 3D Radar Beta. My link for the radar is ...
      > > http://www.wunderground.com/radar/3D.asp?ID=DOX&lat=38.85519028&lon=-75.43090057hope
      > > that helps you.
      > >
      > > Larry
      > >
      > > On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@> wrote:
      > >

      > > > Hi Ron - Where do you find this on their site? I dont see it.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > > Arnold In The Smokies
      > > >

      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

      > > > work and is it worth downloading the app?

    • Jaye Ellen
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2010
        Well, I tried your link --- my Explorer repeatedly crashes while trying to load and run.  Guess it isn't quite live here in Gallatin?

        Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

        On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

        Thanks Larry & Steve! I found the link, I neglected to look on "local" radar I was on regional when I decided to look for it the first time:-)

        Thanks Again!
        Arnold In The Smokies

        > Ya, you have to select the radar map and then on the right side a bit below the map is a link for #D.
        > It is kinda neat, you can "fly" around and move up and down and see the cloud heights.
        > Nice addition, it has been around for a while now.
        > Steve
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Larry Myers <hometownnerd@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Maybe you do not have it in your area so it is hidden? A link for mine was
        > > on the local radar page towards the bottom...Says Be sure to check out our
        > > new 3D Radar Beta. My link for the radar is ...
        > > http://www.wunderground.com/radar/3D.asp?ID=DOX&lat=38.85519028&lon=-75.43090057hope
        > > that helps you.
        > >
        > > Larry
        > >
        > > On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@> wrote:
        > >

        > > > Hi Ron - Where do you find this on their site? I dont see it.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks
        > > > Arnold In The Smokies
        > > >

        > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

        > > > work and is it worth downloading the app?

      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2010
          I tried it and wasn't impressed.

          Don

          On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

          Well, I tried your link --- my Explorer repeatedly crashes while trying to load and run.  Guess it isn't quite live here in Gallatin?

          Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

          On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

          Thanks Larry & Steve! I found the link, I neglected to look on "local" radar I was on regional when I decided to look for it the first time:-)

          Thanks Again!
          Arnold In The Smokies

          > Ya, you have to select the radar map and then on the right side a bit below the map is a link for #D.
          > It is kinda neat, you can "fly" around and move up and down and see the cloud heights.
          > Nice addition, it has been around for a while now.
          > Steve
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Larry Myers <hometownnerd@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Maybe you do not have it in your area so it is hidden? A link for mine was
          > > on the local radar page towards the bottom...Says Be sure to check out our
          > > new 3D Radar Beta. My link for the radar is ...
          > > http://www.wunderground.com/radar/3D.asp?ID=DOX&lat=38.85519028&lon=-75.43090057hope
          > > that helps you.
          > >
          > > Larry
          > >
          > > On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@> wrote:
          > >

          > > > Hi Ron - Where do you find this on their site? I dont see it.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks
          > > > Arnold In The Smokies
          > > >

          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

          > > > work and is it worth downloading the app?

        • ronw72
          Message 4 of 11 , May 4, 2010
            OK

            I tried it and it looks pretty neat. I only wished I had a cell over my local area to really get a close up 3D. The one I looked at was several miles away. I may try some other stations.

            The 3D system does need a little more work though IMHO

            Ron

            > I tried it and wasn't impressed.
            >
            > Don
            >
            > On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Well, I tried your link --- my Explorer repeatedly crashes while trying to
            > > load and run. Guess it isn't quite live here in Gallatin?
            > >
            > > Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2
            > >
            > > On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:
            > >

            > >> Thanks Larry & Steve! I found the link, I neglected to look on "local"
            > >> radar I was on regional when I decided to look for it the first time:-)
            > >>
            > >> Thanks Again!
            > >> Arnold In The Smokies
            > >>

            > >> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

            > >> below the map is a link for #D.
            > >> cloud heights.

            > >> was
            > >> our
            > >> > >
            > >> http://www.wunderground.com/radar/3D.asp?ID=DOX&lat=38.85519028&lon=-75.43090057hope

            > >> <wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

            > >> does it

            > --
            > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
            > something that doesn't suck.

          • Ed Cifelli
            Message 5 of 11 , May 4, 2010
              I tried it in Chrome, Firefox and IE8 and it crashed all three. To make matters worse the link to send an error message didn't work either. Guess it was not to be.
              I was looking at the Flagstaff AZ location.
              EdC

              I tried it and it looks pretty neat.  I only wished I had a cell over my local area to really get a close up 3D.  The one I looked at was several miles away. I may try some other stations.

              The 3D system does need a little more work though IMHO

              Ron

              > I tried it and wasn't impressed.
              >
              > Don
              >
              > On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Well, I tried your link --- my Explorer repeatedly crashes while trying to
              > > load and run.  Guess it isn't quite live here in Gallatin?
              > >
              > > Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2
              > >
              > > On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM, alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@...> wrote:
              > >

              > >> Thanks Larry & Steve! I found the link, I neglected to look on "local"
              > >> radar I was on regional when I decided to look for it the first time:-)
              > >>
              > >> Thanks Again!
              > >> Arnold In The Smokies
              > >>

              > >> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

              > >> below the map is a link for #D.
              > >> cloud heights.

              > >> was
              > >> our
              > >> > >
              > >> http://www.wunderground.com/radar/3D.asp?ID=DOX&lat=38.85519028&lon=-75.43090057hope

              > >> <wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

              > >> does it

              > --
              > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start making
              > something that doesn't suck.

              WUHU Download page:

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  wuhu_software_group-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  wuhu_software_group-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • ronw72
              Message 6 of 11 , May 5, 2010
                Ed,

                There must be something else going on because it works ok for me while viewing Flagstaff AZ.

                Ron