Re: [wuhu_software_group] New Stevenson Screen is done....finally

  • Don
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2010
      That's a really nice Stevenson Larry.  I'm using a low cost plastic one from ambientweather.com but that's really professional looking.

      Don

      On 5/2/2010 4:10 PM, larrymyers312000 wrote:

      Well, took me about a month of work, including drawing it and building it, but I am finally done. Making use of some wood I found at Ikea and some standard interior shutters I am pretty happy with how it came out.

      I used Google Sketchup freely available, simple to use 3D CAD program, which I use to draw almost all of my stuff I make. You can get it here... http://sketchup. google.com/ I have uploaded the drawing to the files folder under Hometownnerd.

      I made the shield have an angled bottom so heat would not build up under it, since it is above my lower roof line. I also gave it 3 sides of shutters, I had some standard 8" wide ones from a yard sale a while back, to allow a good deal of air flow. Inside is an open on the bottom box which feeds air straight past the temperature sensor through a fan at the top of the box. This feeds the air, hopefully averaged from all three sides pretty well since I have it in direct sunlight in the morning, which cannot be helped. The area above the fan, which is basically the attic of the shield, provides the air a way out without recycling it, hopefully. I did put some foam on the outside of the internal box which I used aluminum reflective tape to hold it on.

      It has been up for two days now and seems to be staying in line with other PWS in the area, will see in a couple of days how well the foam and tape gets rid of the little radiation heating I have seen.

      Hopefully this helps others and maybe gives them some ideas. I have placed pics and the google sketchup drawing in the hometownnerd folder .

      Talk to you later,
      Larry