Action File question

  • Gulf Breeze
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 21, 2010
      Just a quick question...I have an action file that I am using to send data to my website with. My question is can or is it possible to set each action, to upload after a certain number of seconds, or am I stuck with the single "On Update Seconds" within WUHU? I'd like to have them (the actions) to upload a different time intervals, can this be done, and if so how?

      Thanks Gulf Breeze
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 21, 2010
        Gulf Breeze,

        Yes, this can be done using a feature called time limiting.

        For each action in the action file, you can specify how often a particular action will execute without affecting other actions.

        It has been a while since that was implemented and you might be one of the first to actually use this feature.

        See:

        Using Action time limiters in action files

        Let me know whether or not you have success with it.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Gulf Breeze" <electrix_blue@...> wrote:

        > Just a quick question...I have an action file that I am using to send data to my website with. My question is can or is it possible to set each action, to upload after a certain number of seconds, or am I stuck with the single "On Update Seconds" within WUHU? I'd like to have them (the actions) to upload a different time intervals, can this be done, and if so how?
        >
        > Thanks Gulf Breeze

      • Douglas Davis
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 22, 2010
          Ok it does work sporadically, but here's what I'm trying to do. I want to have the WU TWEET program, sending once an hour. Here's how I have it configured so far:

          time(00:00,23:59,@60):WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeDateExcel%|<metarsky>%MetarSkyConditions%</metarsky>|Temp %OutdoorTempDegF% °F|DewPt %OutdoorDewpointF% °F|RH %OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres %OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters% at %OutdoorWindSpeedMPH% MPH|24Hr Rain %OutdoorRain24HrIN% """

          Like I said it's sporadic, (no set pattern) it may work let's say at 1 pm and the next, maybe anywhere from 3-6 pm.  Then the next might be right say at 7 pm...then it goes nuts again... It's not uploading hourly.

          I don't know if I have set something incorrect to have caused this or not, but figured I would let you have a lookie and see. (Note: I turned off the On Update Seconds tick box inside the program.)

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 22, 2010
            How often is your console sending data?

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Davis <electrix_blue@...> wrote:

            > Ok it does work sporadically, but here's what I'm trying to do. I want to have the WU TWEET program, sending once an hour. Here's how I have it configured so far:
            >
            > time(00:00,23:59,@60):WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeDateExcel%|<metarsky>%MetarSkyConditions%</metarsky>|Temp %OutdoorTempDegF% °F|DewPt %OutdoorDewpointF% °F|RH %OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres %OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters% at %OutdoorWindSpeedMPH% MPH|24Hr Rain %OutdoorRain24HrIN% """
            >

            > Like I said it's sporadic, (no set pattern) it may work let's say at 1 pm and the next, maybe anywhere from 3-6 pm.  Then the next might be right say at 7 pm...then it goes nuts again... It's not uploading hourly.
            >
            > I don't know if I have set something incorrect to have caused this or not, but figured I would let you have a lookie and see. (Note: I turned off the On Update Seconds tick box inside the program.)
            >
            > Gulf Breeze
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Douglas Davis
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 23, 2010
              Weather Ground in rapid fire mode, Weather bug, Awekas, and PWS at their interfvals.

              My action file is as follows (All fire WUHU Default, no time interval used, except for the Tweeter program.):
              I have turned off the On Update Seconds tick box inside the WUHU program.

              template:"C:\test\inputwx.html" "C:\text\wxstation.html"
              ftp://dougrd@...:beagle35@... "C:\text\wxstation.html" "/public/wxstation.html"

              template:"C:\test\footer.html" "C:\text\footer.html"
              ftp://dougrd@...:beagle35@... "C:\text\footer.html" "/public/footer.html"

              template:"C:\test\nwstemp1.html" "C:\text\nwstemp1.html"
              ftp://dougrd@...:beagle35@... "C:\text\nwstemp1.html" "/public/nwstemp1.html"

              template:"C:\test\wxdata.htm" "C:\text\WU_stickertags.txt"
              ftp://beagler48-977937708:beagle@... "C:\text\WU_stickertags.txt" "/web/seasideweather.bravehost.com/text/WU_stickertags.txt"

              template:"C:\test\wxdata.htm" "C:\text\WU_stickertags.txt"
              ftp://dougrd@...:beagle35@... "C:\text\WU_stickertags.txt" "/public/WU_stickertags.txt"

              template:"C:\test\sager4.html" "C:\text\sager4.html"
              ftp://dougrd@...:beagle35@... "C:\text\sager4.html" "/public/sager4.html"

              time(00:00,23:59,@60):WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeDateExcel%|<metarsky>%MetarSkyConditions%</metarsky>|Temp %OutdoorTempDegF% °F|DewPt %OutdoorDewpointF% °F|RH %OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres %OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters% at %OutdoorWindSpeedMPH% MPH|24Hr Rain %OutdoorRain24HrIN% """

              Not sure if that answers your question or not, but I want everything to default uploading, with the exception of the Twitter program which I want to be delivered once an hour to Twitter.

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 23, 2010
                Sorry, I should have been more specific.

                How often is your weather console sending data to the PC?

                If it is a WS-23xx, it would be something like 7-10 seconds. In wireless mode, 1 minute or more.

                What is your station type?

              • Douglas Davis
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 23, 2010
                  No problem...I have a Lacrosse WS-2316U station

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 23, 2010
                    I am not famliar with the WS-2316... Are you running in wired or wireless mode?

                    The reason that I ask is that the time limiters are based on the updates from the console. The Update Action is based upon receiving updates from the console. If you are using wired mode, you will have several updates per minute. On the other hand, if you are using wireless mode, the console might not send updates to the PC every minute, perhaps every minute and a half.

                    The time limiters require that the console must update the PC each minute. If you exceed the minute limit you might miss an update event.

                  • Douglas Davis
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 26, 2010
                      >>I am not famliar with the WS-2316... Are you running in wired or wireless mode?

                      It is running in the wired mode.

                      > > time(00:00,23: 59,@60):WUHU_ Tweet.exe "%TimeDateExcel% |<metarsky> %MetarSkyConditi ons%</metarsky> |Temp %OutdoorTempDegF% °F|DewPt %OutdoorDewpointF% °F|RH %OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres %OutdoorPressureRel ativeINHG% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirecti onLetters% at %OutdoorWindSpeedMP H% MPH|24Hr Rain %OutdoorRain24HrIN% """
                      Ok, but do I have the time delimiter in the right place, and setup to correctly deliever the twitter update on the hour?

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 27, 2010
                        I meant to say...

                        As to the rest of the line, I am not sure as I have not use the WUHU_Tweet.exe to send a tweet. Maybe someone else can help you there.

                        I will look over the delimiter stuff, it might be a day or two.