Re: Windows 7 updates

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15, 2010
      On XP, you can go to Control Panel, then 'Automatic Updates'. From there you can select options. It may be called "Settings" of the Start menu on 7.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

      > I'm running WUHU with Windows 7 Pro and have found that no data was sent to the weather servers after 3AM as Windows decided to download and install updates and then automatically reboot my PC. The PC was just sitting at the log-in screen. I've set the updates to download and install manually. Is there any other thing I need to do to stop Win7 from rebooting the PC ? (there doesn't seem to be an option to stop this).

    • Larry Myers
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15, 2010
        Windows 7 has a way to automatically login using a certain user account....I believe you need to have a password, try this... http://www.w7forums.com/automatic-login-t420.html

        Hope that helps you,
        Larry

        On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:25 AM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

        On XP, you can go to Control Panel, then 'Automatic Updates'. From there you can select options. It may be called "Settings" of the Start menu on 7.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

        > I'm running WUHU with Windows 7 Pro and have found that no data was sent to the weather servers after 3AM as Windows decided to download and install updates and then automatically reboot my PC. The PC was just sitting at the log-in screen. I've set the updates to download and install manually. Is there any other thing I need to do to stop Win7 from rebooting the PC ? (there doesn't seem to be an option to stop this).

      • kevbert002_5
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 17, 2010
          Thanks for the link. I want to keep Win7 as secure as possible, so I don't want easy access by everyone.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 18, 2010
            You could set windows update to just download the updates and you install when you get a chance, that would stop the reboot. Another option, I have seen the files on the WUHU forum that allows WUHU to be run as a service, I have not used this at all but since WUHU would be run as a service it may be able to run when windows starts, not just when a user logs in. Again, I have not used this at all so I am not sure.

            Hope that may help you as well,
            Larry

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2010
              By the way, to set the auto updates to just download...go to the control panel....in the search at the top search for automatic update...then click Turn Auto Update on or off....then under Important Updates click the dropdown and change it to Download updates but let me choose whether to install them. Just in case you may have forgotten where to find it in Win7.

              Larry