Re: WUHU Running But No Data Recorded or Sent to Internet Sites

  • drifter17536
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 13, 2010
      I am using Home Premium

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

      > Which version of Win7 are you using Home Premium or Pro ?
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I,m having the same problem with Windows 7 on my system. Is there something that will cure this problem but for a laptop? I have a WS-2310 with a Prolific Technologies USB to serial converter, which was doing fine with XP. I contacted Prolific and they sent me an updated driver for Windows 7 but it has not solved the problem.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Larry, great to hear you are up and runningagain
      > > > steve

    • kevbert002_5
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 14, 2010
        I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

        > I am using Home Premium
      • drifter17536
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 15, 2010
          Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

          > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am using Home Premium

        • drifter17536
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 15, 2010
            Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

            > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.
            >
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am using Home Premium

          • Rob Reab
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 15, 2010

              Windows 7 includes an XP virtual pc mode. You actually run a legal copy of Windows XP (included with Windows 7)  in a window from within Windows 7. Any applications that have problems running under Windows 7 can run in the XP virtual pc.

              Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

              > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same
              USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.

              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com,
              "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:

              > > I am using Home Premium

            • kevbert002_5
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 16, 2010
                By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                Post back if you get any problems.
                Cheers
                Kevin.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.
                > >
                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I am using Home Premium

              • drifter17536
                Message 7 of 25 , May 9, 2010
                  Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                  > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                  > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                  > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                  > Post back if you get any problems.
                  > Cheers
                  > Kevin.
                  >
                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?
                  > >
                  > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.

                • nczman
                  Message 8 of 25 , May 9, 2010
                    Having done a lot with Virtual machines lately, I am curious if you tried to run it in XP mode? I think you go to the exe and right click and do a run as and run it in XP emulation

                    Randy

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                    > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                    >
                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                    > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                    > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                    > > Post back if you get any problems.
                    > > Cheers
                    > > Kevin.
                    > >
                    > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                  • Rob Reab
                    Message 9 of 25 , May 9, 2010

                      I don’t believe that will run the program in XP mode. You’ll have to actually run XP mode and install the program there. Once you do that you can simply run  the program and it will load XP mode (if it’s not already loaded) and execute the program.

                      As a side note, I don’t think Windows 7 Home Premium includes XP mode. - Rob

                      Having done a lot with Virtual machines lately, I am curious if you tried to run it in XP mode? I think you go to the exe and right click and do a run as and run it in XP emulation

                      Randy

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                      > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                      >
                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                      > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                      > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                      > > Post back if you get any problems.
                      > > Cheers
                      > > Kevin.
                      > >
                      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                    • kevbert002_5
                      Message 10 of 25 , May 10, 2010
                        You have to be careful with this as it was originally a requirement that the CPU supported hardware virtualization in order to run Win XP mode in Win7 Pro. This was removed by Intel/Microsoft (about a month ago) due to a large number of complaints from businesses. On the Microsoft website there was a tool to check if your CPU support hardware virtualization, (mine failed this test), but it is no longer valid. Take a look at http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2010/03/18/microsoft-removes-hardware-virtualization-requirement-from-xp-mode.aspx
                        Cheers
                        Kevin.

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                        > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                        >
                        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                        > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                        > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                        > > Post back if you get any problems.
                        > > Cheers
                        > > Kevin.
                        > >
                        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                      • dick
                        Message 11 of 25 , May 11, 2010
                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                          > You have to be careful with this as it was originally a requirement that the CPU supported hardware virtualization in order to run Win XP mode in Win7 Pro. This was removed by Intel/Microsoft (about a month ago) due to a large number of complaints from businesses. On the Microsoft website there was a tool to check if your CPU support hardware virtualization, (mine failed this test), but it is no longer valid. Take a look at http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2010/03/18/microsoft-removes-hardware-virtualization-requirement-from-xp-mode.aspx
                          > Cheers
                          > Kevin.
                          >
                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                          > >
                          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                          > > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                          > > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                          > > > Post back if you get any problems.
                          > > > Cheers
                          > > > Kevin.

                          I have been running WuHu with window 7 on a 64 bit system with no problem