Re: Skipping Data

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
      What do you mean by missing reports?

      Are you talking about Weather Underground station history?

      What is the frequency of the missed reports and the duration?

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "bill_in_bouse" <beaslwd@...> wrote:

      > Hello All. Have not been on the site for quite some time and have searched for an answer to this problem.
      > I've notice lately (the past few weeks anyway)the system is dropping some reports. Not just on mine but the others (two) in the local area also seem to be experiencing the problem.
      > Whatsup with this? Others? Fixes??
      >
      > kazbouse3
      >
      > Thanks
      > Bill

    • bill_in_bouse
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
        Correct, the missing reports show up on Weather Station History on the page for my PWS, example for today the 12th of April:

        Tabular Data for April 12, 2010

        Time Temp.
        00:28 66.4
        00:58 66.6
        01:28 64.8
        02:28 60.8
        02:58 61.2
        03:58 55.2
        04:58 52.3
        05:28 52.2

        In the above example you an see the reports generated on the half hour but skipping reports along the way. I have the Weather Underground/HeavyWeather Uploader minimum upload interval (in seconds) set for 1800. So should there not be a report saved in the tabular data section every 30 minutes? That seemed to be the case in the past anyway.
        If I check the rapid fire box generating a report every 5 minutes, maybe a third of them show up in the tabular data section.
        I guess my question is…Is the problem with Weather Underground, My PWS, or the heaveyweather uploader??
        My station is a La Crosse 2317 which up to now has worked without a problem.
        If someone could point me in the right direction I'd sure appreciate it:)

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
          I am not sure what the criteria is for storing records. I would assume that if you are uploading every 30 mins, there should be record every 30 minutes. There are occasions where the server might have an issue and drop a report now and then.

          I am uploading about every 10 seconds using Rapid-fire. I see 20 minute gaps in my data.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "bill_in_bouse" <beaslwd@...> wrote:

          > Correct, the missing reports show up on Weather Station History on the page for my PWS, example for today the 12th of April:
          >
          > Tabular Data for April 12, 2010
          >
          > Time Temp.
          > 00:28 66.4
          > 00:58 66.6
          > 01:28 64.8
          > 02:28 60.8
          > 02:58 61.2
          > 03:58 55.2
          > 04:58 52.3
          > 05:28 52.2
          >

          > In the above example you an see the reports generated on the half hour but skipping reports along the way. I have the Weather Underground/HeavyWeather Uploader minimum upload interval (in seconds) set for 1800. So should there not be a report saved in the tabular data section every 30 minutes? That seemed to be the case in the past anyway.
          > If I check the rapid fire box generating a report every 5 minutes, maybe a third of them show up in the tabular data section.
          > I guess my question is…Is the problem with Weather Underground, My PWS, or the heaveyweather uploader??
          > My station is a La Crosse 2317 which up to now has worked without a problem.
          > If someone could point me in the right direction I'd sure appreciate it:)

          > > What do you mean by missing reports?
          > >
          > > Are you talking about Weather Underground station history?
          > >
          > > What is the frequency of the missed reports and the duration?
          > >

          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "bill_in_bouse" <beaslwd@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello All. Have not been on the site for quite some time and have searched for an answer to this problem.
          > > > I've notice lately (the past few weeks anyway)the system is dropping some reports. Not just on mine but the others (two) in the local area also seem to be experiencing the problem.
          > > > Whatsup with this? Others? Fixes??
          > > >
          > > > kazbouse3
          > > >
          > > > Thanks
          > > > Bill

        • bill_in_bouse
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 13, 2010
            All I can tell you is in the past if I had the uploader set for every 30 minutes a record was recorded every 30 minutes, no problems. Something has changed in the recent past and it could very well be with the server. With our summer temps (fast approaching) reaching or exceeding 115 degrees on a regular basis, accurate records are important to us here in the desert.