Windows 7 problem, too

  • drifter17536
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2010
      I'm having the same problem with Windows 7 on my system. Is there something that will cure this problem but for a laptop? I have a WS-2310 with a Prolific Technologies USB to serial converter, which was doing fine with XP. I contacted Prolific and they sent me an updated driver for Windows 7 but it has not solved the problem.

      Hi Folks,
      I have been running WUHU for quite some time with no issues. In December, we
      got a new PC with an i7 processor and Windoze 7 64 bit. Since that time, I have
      had issues where WUHU is running with no errors to the log but nothing is being
      recorded in history or being sent to WU (or other places).
      When this happens, I can stop WUHU. I can close it. When I look in Win7 task
      manager, the task is still there. I can not kill it. So, I reboot and all is
      fine.
      I am running the latest. I had no problems like this on my XP machine. I am
      using the recommended IOGEAR USB/Serial adapater. Any thoughts? I see some other
      folks have hangs going on. If this is a repeat, I apologize, but I do need to
      figure this out.

      Larry

      > > Hi Folks,
      > > I got my new card and all is well. The new WIN7 64bit OS PC runs WUHU as well or better than the XP machine. Thanks for the help!
      > >
      > > Larry
    • H. Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2010

        If you are running the latest IOGear driver (check their page), then they probably have not worked out the bugs in it yet.

        The alternative is to buy a PCI (or PCI-e) real serial port with a good driver.

        It is all about a good driver.

        http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ wuhu_software_ group/messages/ 16424?threaded= 1&m=e&var= 1&tidx=1