Re: WUHU Running But No Data Recorded or Sent to Internet Sites

  • kevbert002_5
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 4, 2010
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@...> wrote:

      > Hi Rich,
      > I caved and followed your suggestion. I have ordered the card you did. I was looking at this option myself and talked myself out of it twice. Enough is enough. Fingers crossd as I wait for the UPS truck.
      >
      > Larry

      I'm using a Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial to USB adapter on a WS2350 (it came with the La Crosse WS). The COM port was lost when I rebooted the PC, a re-install in Win7 (Pro) 64 bit (and a change of port) solved the problem and everything is working fine. I'm able to upload to Wunderground, CWOP and PWS fine (so far...)
      Hope this is of use.
      Kevin.
    • pdesstep
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 10, 2010
        Hi Folks,
        I got my new card and all is well. The new WIN7 64bit OS PC runs WUHU as well or better than the XP machine. Thanks for the help!

        Larry
      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 10, 2010
          Larry, great to hear you are up and runningagain
          steve

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@...> wrote:

          > Hi Folks,
          > I got my new card and all is well. The new WIN7 64bit OS PC runs WUHU as well or better than the XP machine. Thanks for the help!
          >
          > Larry

        • drifter17536
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 10, 2010
            I,m having the same problem with Windows 7 on my system. Is there something that will cure this problem but for a laptop? I have a WS-2310 with a Prolific Technologies USB to serial converter, which was doing fine with XP. I contacted Prolific and they sent me an updated driver for Windows 7 but it has not solved the problem.

            > Larry, great to hear you are up and runningagain
            > steve
            >
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Folks,
            > > I got my new card and all is well. The new WIN7 64bit OS PC runs WUHU as well or better than the XP machine. Thanks for the help!
            > >
            > > Larry

          • kevbert002_5
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 11, 2010
              Which version of Win7 are you using Home Premium or Pro ?

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

              > I,m having the same problem with Windows 7 on my system. Is there something that will cure this problem but for a laptop? I have a WS-2310 with a Prolific Technologies USB to serial converter, which was doing fine with XP. I contacted Prolific and they sent me an updated driver for Windows 7 but it has not solved the problem.
              >
              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Larry, great to hear you are up and runningagain
              > > steve
              > >
              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Folks,
              > > > I got my new card and all is well. The new WIN7 64bit OS PC runs WUHU as well or better than the XP machine. Thanks for the help!
              > > >
              > > > Larry

            • drifter17536
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 13, 2010
                I am using Home Premium

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                > Which version of Win7 are you using Home Premium or Pro ?
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I,m having the same problem with Windows 7 on my system. Is there something that will cure this problem but for a laptop? I have a WS-2310 with a Prolific Technologies USB to serial converter, which was doing fine with XP. I contacted Prolific and they sent me an updated driver for Windows 7 but it has not solved the problem.
                > >
                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Larry, great to hear you are up and runningagain
                > > > steve

              • kevbert002_5
                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 14, 2010
                  I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                  > I am using Home Premium
                • drifter17536
                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 15, 2010
                    Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                    > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.
                    >
                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I am using Home Premium

                  • drifter17536
                    Message 9 of 25 , Apr 15, 2010
                      Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                      > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.
                      >
                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I am using Home Premium

                    • Rob Reab
                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 15, 2010

                        Windows 7 includes an XP virtual pc mode. You actually run a legal copy of Windows XP (included with Windows 7)  in a window from within Windows 7. Any applications that have problems running under Windows 7 can run in the XP virtual pc.

                        Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                        > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same
                        USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.

                        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com,
                        "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:

                        > > I am using Home Premium

                      • kevbert002_5
                        Message 11 of 25 , Apr 16, 2010
                          By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                          I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                          I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                          Post back if you get any problems.
                          Cheers
                          Kevin.

                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                          > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?
                          >
                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.
                          > >
                          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I am using Home Premium

                        • drifter17536
                          Message 12 of 25 , May 9, 2010
                            Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.

                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                            > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                            > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                            > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                            > Post back if you get any problems.
                            > Cheers
                            > Kevin.
                            >
                            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?
                            > >
                            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.

                          • nczman
                            Message 13 of 25 , May 9, 2010
                              Having done a lot with Virtual machines lately, I am curious if you tried to run it in XP mode? I think you go to the exe and right click and do a run as and run it in XP emulation

                              Randy

                              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                              > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                              >
                              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                              > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                              > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                              > > Post back if you get any problems.
                              > > Cheers
                              > > Kevin.
                              > >
                              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                            • Rob Reab
                              Message 14 of 25 , May 9, 2010

                                I don’t believe that will run the program in XP mode. You’ll have to actually run XP mode and install the program there. Once you do that you can simply run  the program and it will load XP mode (if it’s not already loaded) and execute the program.

                                As a side note, I don’t think Windows 7 Home Premium includes XP mode. - Rob

                                Having done a lot with Virtual machines lately, I am curious if you tried to run it in XP mode? I think you go to the exe and right click and do a run as and run it in XP emulation

                                Randy

                                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                                > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                                >
                                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                                > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                                > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                                > > Post back if you get any problems.
                                > > Cheers
                                > > Kevin.
                                > >
                                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                              • kevbert002_5
                                Message 15 of 25 , May 10, 2010
                                  You have to be careful with this as it was originally a requirement that the CPU supported hardware virtualization in order to run Win XP mode in Win7 Pro. This was removed by Intel/Microsoft (about a month ago) due to a large number of complaints from businesses. On the Microsoft website there was a tool to check if your CPU support hardware virtualization, (mine failed this test), but it is no longer valid. Take a look at http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2010/03/18/microsoft-removes-hardware-virtualization-requirement-from-xp-mode.aspx
                                  Cheers
                                  Kevin.

                                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                                  > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                                  >
                                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                                  > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                                  > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                                  > > Post back if you get any problems.
                                  > > Cheers
                                  > > Kevin.
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                                • dick
                                  Message 16 of 25 , May 11, 2010
                                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                                    > You have to be careful with this as it was originally a requirement that the CPU supported hardware virtualization in order to run Win XP mode in Win7 Pro. This was removed by Intel/Microsoft (about a month ago) due to a large number of complaints from businesses. On the Microsoft website there was a tool to check if your CPU support hardware virtualization, (mine failed this test), but it is no longer valid. Take a look at http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2010/03/18/microsoft-removes-hardware-virtualization-requirement-from-xp-mode.aspx
                                    > Cheers
                                    > Kevin.
                                    >
                                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                                    > > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                                    > > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                                    > > > Post back if you get any problems.
                                    > > > Cheers
                                    > > > Kevin.

                                    I have been running WuHu with window 7 on a 64 bit system with no problem