WUHU Running But No Data Recorded or Sent to Internet Sites

  • pdesstep
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 20, 2010
      Hi Folks,
      I have been running WUHU for quite some time with no issues. In December, we got a new PC with an i7 processor and Windoze 7 64 bit. Since that time, I have had issues where WUHU is running with no errors to the log but nothing is being recorded in history or being sent to WU (or other places).
      When this happens, I can stop WUHU. I can close it. When I look in Win7 task manager, the task is still there. I can not kill it. So, I reboot and all is fine.
      I am running the latest. I had no problems like this on my XP machine. I am using the recommended IOGEAR USB/Serial adapater. Any thoughts? I see some other folks have hangs going on. If this is a repeat, I apologize, but I do need to figure this out.

      Larry
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 20, 2010
        What type of weather station are you using?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        > I have been running WUHU for quite some time with no issues. In December, we got a new PC with an i7 processor and Windoze 7 64 bit. Since that time, I have had issues where WUHU is running with no errors to the log but nothing is being recorded in history or being sent to WU (or other places).
        > When this happens, I can stop WUHU. I can close it. When I look in Win7 task manager, the task is still there. I can not kill it. So, I reboot and all is fine.
        > I am running the latest. I had no problems like this on my XP machine. I am using the recommended IOGEAR USB/Serial adapater. Any thoughts? I see some other folks have hangs going on. If this is a repeat, I apologize, but I do need to figure this out.
        >
        > Larry

      • pdesstep
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 21, 2010
          Oh, sorry. It is a LaCrosse Technology WS2317U. I may have had some luck and fixed it yesterday. I am not sure. What I did:

          1) Install the non-critical Windows Updates (none looked exciting)
          2) Stopped WIN7 from locking the screen every 5 minutes (turned it completely off)
          3) Gave WUHU a new history file. No real reason. The one I had
          was a bit over 1 MB.
          4) Turned off Liveupdate from Norton. I don't use any of their
          products. Some came with the PC. I had noticed some parallels
          in the event logs with the hangs and Live Update activity.

          I will see how it goes. Any thoughts are welcome.

          Larry
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 21, 2010
            You might check with IOGear to see if they have an updated driver. Since Windows 7 is fairly new, you may see several updates to the driver as reports make their way back to them.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@...> wrote:

            > Oh, sorry. It is a LaCrosse Technology WS2317U. I may have had some luck and fixed it yesterday. I am not sure. What I did:
            >
            > 1) Install the non-critical Windows Updates (none looked exciting)
            > 2) Stopped WIN7 from locking the screen every 5 minutes (turned it completely off)
            > 3) Gave WUHU a new history file. No real reason. The one I had
            > was a bit over 1 MB.
            > 4) Turned off Liveupdate from Norton. I don't use any of their
            > products. Some came with the PC. I had noticed some parallels
            > in the event logs with the hangs and Live Update activity.
            >
            > I will see how it goes. Any thoughts are welcome.
            >
            > Larry

          • pdesstep
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 27, 2010
              Hi,
              Well I was not so lucky. I still get hangs/freeze-ups. I will monitor for new drivers. If I can find one, would a in computer card potentially make this go away?

              Larry
              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 27, 2010
                For a few bucks, a serial card is well worth the money.

                If you do go with a card, buy a name brand card, check reviews on newegg.com to make sure you are not buying a lemon.

                There is a lot of cheap junk out there with bad drivers.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                > Well I was not so lucky. I still get hangs/freeze-ups. I will monitor for new drivers. If I can find one, would a in computer card potentially make this go away?
                >
                > Larry

              • Rich Allen
                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 27, 2010
                  I was using a Dynex (BestBuy house brand) UCB to Serial adapter and
                  getting blue screens any time I tried to shut WUHU down. I was also
                  seeing WUHU stop responding after a random amount of time, and the
                  Alerts wouldn't work. When WUHU wasn't responding, the interface
                  continued to show uploads and no errors were being logged, but the data
                  in the interface didn't match the console and nothing was actually
                  making it to WU. This is on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

                  Wednesday an internal PCI-Express serial card arrived from new egg, and
                  I have been problem free since then. WUHU again works like it did on my
                  old server with an on-board serial port. I would *definitely* recommend
                  to anyone having problems with a USB to Serial adapter to get an
                  internal card instead. The internal card cost the same as the adapter!!

                  Here's the one I got:
                  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124067

                  Rich

                  On 3/27/2010 5:01 AM, pdesstep wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  > Well I was not so lucky. I still get hangs/freeze-ups. I will monitor for new drivers. If I can find one, would a in computer card potentially make this go away?
                  >
                  > Larry

                  > WUHU Download page:

                • Jerry Flanders
                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 27, 2010
                    Anybody using a software "bridge" to connect a USB input to a virtual
                    serial port inside the computer?

                    I am not sure which products are available, but I know it is
                    possible, because I am using a similar program to interconnect
                    between a USB GPS and a Delorme mapping program serial connection in
                    my truck. Mine is at
                    http://www.delorme.com/support/supporttemplate.aspx?id=319 I assume
                    it would pass everything through if "raw" is used. It probably
                    doesn't know what program is using it. Worth a try.

                    Jerry W4UK

                    At 01:38 PM 3/27/2010, you wrote:
                    >I was using a Dynex (BestBuy house brand) UCB to Serial adapter and
                    >getting blue screens any time I tried to shut WUHU down. I was also
                    >seeing WUHU stop responding after a random amount of time, and the
                    >Alerts wouldn't work. When WUHU wasn't responding, the interface
                    >continued to show uploads and no errors were being logged, but the data
                    >in the interface didn't match the console and nothing was actually
                    >making it to WU. This is on a Windows 7 64bit machine.
                    >
                    >Wednesday an internal PCI-Express serial card arrived from new egg, and
                    >I have been problem free since then. WUHU again works like it did on my
                    >old server with an on-board serial port. I would *definitely* recommend
                    >to anyone having problems with a USB to Serial adapter to get an
                    >internal card instead. The internal card cost the same as the adapter!!
                    >
                    >Here's the one I got:
                    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124067
                    >
                    >Rich
                    >

                    >On 3/27/2010 5:01 AM, pdesstep wrote:
                    > > Hi,
                    > > Well I was not so lucky. I still get hangs/freeze-ups. I will
                    > monitor for new drivers. If I can find one, would a in computer
                    > card potentially make this go away?
                    > >
                    > > Larry

                  • pdesstep
                    Message 9 of 25 , Mar 28, 2010
                      Hi Rich,
                      I caved and followed your suggestion. I have ordered the card you did. I was looking at this option myself and talked myself out of it twice. Enough is enough. Fingers crossd as I wait for the UPS truck.

                      Larry
                    • kevbert002_5
                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 4 8:31 AM
                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Rich,
                        > I caved and followed your suggestion. I have ordered the card you did. I was looking at this option myself and talked myself out of it twice. Enough is enough. Fingers crossd as I wait for the UPS truck.
                        >
                        > Larry

                        I'm using a Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial to USB adapter on a WS2350 (it came with the La Crosse WS). The COM port was lost when I rebooted the PC, a re-install in Win7 (Pro) 64 bit (and a change of port) solved the problem and everything is working fine. I'm able to upload to Wunderground, CWOP and PWS fine (so far...)
                        Hope this is of use.
                        Kevin.
                      • pdesstep
                        Message 11 of 25 , Apr 10 3:33 AM
                          Hi Folks,
                          I got my new card and all is well. The new WIN7 64bit OS PC runs WUHU as well or better than the XP machine. Thanks for the help!

                          Larry
                        • KNHBRIST1
                          Message 12 of 25 , Apr 10 8:38 AM
                            Larry, great to hear you are up and runningagain
                            steve

                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Folks,
                            > I got my new card and all is well. The new WIN7 64bit OS PC runs WUHU as well or better than the XP machine. Thanks for the help!
                            >
                            > Larry

                          • drifter17536
                            Message 13 of 25 , Apr 10 1:10 PM
                              I,m having the same problem with Windows 7 on my system. Is there something that will cure this problem but for a laptop? I have a WS-2310 with a Prolific Technologies USB to serial converter, which was doing fine with XP. I contacted Prolific and they sent me an updated driver for Windows 7 but it has not solved the problem.

                              > Larry, great to hear you are up and runningagain
                              > steve
                              >
                              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi Folks,
                              > > I got my new card and all is well. The new WIN7 64bit OS PC runs WUHU as well or better than the XP machine. Thanks for the help!
                              > >
                              > > Larry

                            • kevbert002_5
                              Message 14 of 25 , Apr 11 9:06 AM
                                Which version of Win7 are you using Home Premium or Pro ?

                                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                                > I,m having the same problem with Windows 7 on my system. Is there something that will cure this problem but for a laptop? I have a WS-2310 with a Prolific Technologies USB to serial converter, which was doing fine with XP. I contacted Prolific and they sent me an updated driver for Windows 7 but it has not solved the problem.
                                >
                                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Larry, great to hear you are up and runningagain
                                > > steve
                                > >
                                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pdesstep" <pdesstep@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Hi Folks,
                                > > > I got my new card and all is well. The new WIN7 64bit OS PC runs WUHU as well or better than the XP machine. Thanks for the help!
                                > > >
                                > > > Larry

                              • drifter17536
                                Message 15 of 25 , Apr 13 11:50 AM
                                  I am using Home Premium

                                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                                  > Which version of Win7 are you using Home Premium or Pro ?
                                  >
                                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I,m having the same problem with Windows 7 on my system. Is there something that will cure this problem but for a laptop? I have a WS-2310 with a Prolific Technologies USB to serial converter, which was doing fine with XP. I contacted Prolific and they sent me an updated driver for Windows 7 but it has not solved the problem.
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Larry, great to hear you are up and runningagain
                                  > > > steve

                                • kevbert002_5
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Apr 14 10:18 AM
                                    I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.

                                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                                    > I am using Home Premium
                                  • drifter17536
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Apr 15 2:04 PM
                                      Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                                      > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.
                                      >
                                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > I am using Home Premium

                                    • drifter17536
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Apr 15 2:04 PM
                                        Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                                        > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.
                                        >
                                        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > I am using Home Premium

                                      • Rob Reab
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Apr 15 2:58 PM

                                          Windows 7 includes an XP virtual pc mode. You actually run a legal copy of Windows XP (included with Windows 7)  in a window from within Windows 7. Any applications that have problems running under Windows 7 can run in the XP virtual pc.

                                          Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                                          > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same
                                          USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.

                                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com,
                                          "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:

                                          > > I am using Home Premium

                                        • kevbert002_5
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Apr 16 9:12 AM
                                            By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                                            I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                                            I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                                            Post back if you get any problems.
                                            Cheers
                                            Kevin.

                                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                                            > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?
                                            >
                                            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.
                                            > >
                                            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                            > > >
                                            > > > I am using Home Premium

                                          • drifter17536
                                            Message 21 of 25 , May 9, 2010
                                              Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.

                                              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                                              > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                                              > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                                              > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                                              > Post back if you get any problems.
                                              > Cheers
                                              > Kevin.
                                              >
                                              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?
                                              > >
                                              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                                              > > >
                                              > > > I didn't have any luck with getting Home Premium working with the same USB/Serial Adapter. I had to upgrade to Professional in order to talk to my La Crosse via the XP emulation.

                                            • nczman
                                              Message 22 of 25 , May 9, 2010
                                                Having done a lot with Virtual machines lately, I am curious if you tried to run it in XP mode? I think you go to the exe and right click and do a run as and run it in XP emulation

                                                Randy

                                                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                                                > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                                                >
                                                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                                                > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                                                > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                                                > > Post back if you get any problems.
                                                > > Cheers
                                                > > Kevin.
                                                > >
                                                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                                              • Rob Reab
                                                Message 23 of 25 , May 9, 2010

                                                  I don’t believe that will run the program in XP mode. You’ll have to actually run XP mode and install the program there. Once you do that you can simply run  the program and it will load XP mode (if it’s not already loaded) and execute the program.

                                                  As a side note, I don’t think Windows 7 Home Premium includes XP mode. - Rob

                                                  Having done a lot with Virtual machines lately, I am curious if you tried to run it in XP mode? I think you go to the exe and right click and do a run as and run it in XP emulation

                                                  Randy

                                                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                                                  > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                                                  >
                                                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                                                  > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                                                  > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                                                  > > Post back if you get any problems.
                                                  > > Cheers
                                                  > > Kevin.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                                                • kevbert002_5
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , May 10, 2010
                                                    You have to be careful with this as it was originally a requirement that the CPU supported hardware virtualization in order to run Win XP mode in Win7 Pro. This was removed by Intel/Microsoft (about a month ago) due to a large number of complaints from businesses. On the Microsoft website there was a tool to check if your CPU support hardware virtualization, (mine failed this test), but it is no longer valid. Take a look at http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2010/03/18/microsoft-removes-hardware-virtualization-requirement-from-xp-mode.aspx
                                                    Cheers
                                                    Kevin.

                                                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

                                                    > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                                                    >
                                                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                                                    > >
                                                    > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                                                    > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                                                    > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                                                    > > Post back if you get any problems.
                                                    > > Cheers
                                                    > > Kevin.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

                                                  • dick
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , May 11, 2010
                                                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

                                                      > You have to be careful with this as it was originally a requirement that the CPU supported hardware virtualization in order to run Win XP mode in Win7 Pro. This was removed by Intel/Microsoft (about a month ago) due to a large number of complaints from businesses. On the Microsoft website there was a tool to check if your CPU support hardware virtualization, (mine failed this test), but it is no longer valid. Take a look at http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2010/03/18/microsoft-removes-hardware-virtualization-requirement-from-xp-mode.aspx
                                                      > Cheers
                                                      > Kevin.
                                                      >
                                                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
                                                      > > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
                                                      > > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
                                                      > > > Post back if you get any problems.
                                                      > > > Cheers
                                                      > > > Kevin.

                                                      I have been running WuHu with window 7 on a 64 bit system with no problem