Re: Beta testers for WeatherBug

    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 1, 2010
      I did see that weird character as well.

      As far as the upload, you can un-check errors only in the log to see what is sent...

      ...&dewptf=14.6&humidity=71....

      So it must be a website issue.

      There are no immediate plans to add new data, but I really need to move the setup data off to a different screen. I did not realize there was a maximum number of items that could be placed in a dialog, but I did learn when I tried to add more that 255 items.

      Really the stats area should be a grid control instead of individual edit boxes, that is where the vast number of controls are.

      While it might be possible to re-write that, and do other clean up, I am more inclined to play with C# and re-write the entire application in .Net. While I have read up on C#, I have had not practial experience with it. It would probably take some time to get up to speed with it, but one day, hopefully, I can find the time.

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Larry Myers <hometownnerd@...> wrote:

      > An update....I finally see my weather station in the backyard part of
      > weatherbug....woohoo. One thing I did notice, there seems to be a square,
      > something like what you see when you paste a CR/LF into a text editor, in
      > the dewpoint reading. May be something sent in the feed. Looking at it
      > again, it seems like it is a question mark in a diamond, kind of odd. Not a
      > big deal but since we are beta testing thought I would bring it up. Another
      > question, is there any plans for more data to be displayed? No ideas what
      > but just wondering.
      >
      > Thanks again for a great product!!
      > Larry
      >
      > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Christopher D. Sloop <cdsloop@...>wrote:
      >

      > > Yes, we work closely with Mike Singer…he will even have a Google Chrome
      > > extension available soon with similar functionality soon.
      > >

      > > His Weather Watcher software is also very nice and has all the backyard
      > > stations included in it.
      > >

      > > Chris

    • Jaye Ellen
      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 1, 2010
        Worked as advertised !!!  Thank you, Bob T. ... my string is like this:

        and appears wonderfully on my Backyard listing.  Sadly though my "main" Weatherbug page can not be the same, but maybe in the future ???  I also wish it had more info, and again maybe sometime?

        Regards,

        Jaye Ellen in TN

        On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...> wrote:

        OK, I used the link below with the appropriate changes for my station and I did see the data online.  But I am not showing up in the backyard list.  Right now the only listing is for a station in Corona, about a hundred miles south of here.

        Bob T.
        California City, CA

        On 12/31/09 5:24 AM, Larry Myers wrote:

        Here is something that may help you see your data is working....take the following URL and replace the stat= with your station id and then replace the last zip= with your zipcode.... it should show your station.

        http://deskwx.weatherbug.com/Observations/LiveObservations.html?units=0&lvl=0&zcode=ZWB60&_TARGET:_BUG_ACTION_BUG_WINDOW_&_cx=743&_cy=463&_title=WeatherBug&&&stat=p07090&obs_type=PWS&zip=21015

        hope that helps!

        Larry